Arizona Chickens

I don't know how you do it.. FB moves fast.. I think anyway.. What FB? There are so many..
hide.gif
there is not enought time to do both.. So, does it move fast?
Yes it can be fast that is why I have my own page with just a few and I follow az byc

Need help probably tonight or first thing in the morning my leghorn, "Chickles", a white one is in trouble and she may be a down she's going to spilling out what seems like egg on the inside of her without a shell.
I thought hens were just eating her a get seems like her reproductive system is in trouble.
1f613.png

From what I've read (I don't have any 1st hand experience) it seems like infection is a major concern when that happens. I would definitely separate her if you have not already done so. Good luck with her. I know if she passes it'll be a loss.

they look like Black Australorps and Buff Orpingtons to me. I can't really tell in the picture, but the lighter colored chicks look more buff than white. I'm pretty sure the black chicks that look like penquins are BAs. Post when they have more feathers and it will be easier to tell.
Thanks! I'll do my best to remember to post another picture of them when they get more feathers.

****, ****, double ****!!! Gurggling lethargic chicken. She was fine yesterday morning but by 4 pm lethargic, gurggling, not interested in food so I isolated her. Went to feed store and got RX vet and Tylan 50. She is an EE and of course my favorite. I injected into her breast 1/2 cc last night and then this morning gave her another 1/2 cc in her neck. I am so new to chickens I am a little worried. Couple of questions ( actually I don't even know enough to ask smart questions).

1. Sounds like this is very contagious...anyway to be proactive with the entire flock?

2. She is not eating well...any ideas?

3. She has probiotics in her water, can I force her to drink?

4. The RX can be put in her mouth?

5. Does this mean I now have a closed flock?

Need help probably tonight or first thing in the morning my leghorn, "Chickles", a white one is in trouble and she may be a down she's going to spilling out what seems like egg on the inside of her without a shell.
I thought hens were just eating her a get seems like her reproductive system is in trouble.
1f613.png

Oh no, ill call you, but for others sake that might have to deal with this issue take photo's for a later post. & a post that can have the icon to either see, or not see the issue. . This is one reason why we love BACK YARD CHICKEN :highfive:
To help one another. .

****, ****, double ****!!! Gurggling lethargic chicken. She was fine yesterday morning but by 4 pm lethargic, gurggling, not interested in food so I isolated her. Went to feed store and got RX vet and Tylan 50. She is an EE and of course my favorite. I injected into her breast 1/2 cc last night and then this morning gave her another 1/2 cc in her neck. I am so new to chickens I am a little worried. Couple of questions ( actually I don't even know enough to ask smart questions).

1. Sounds like this is very contagious...anyway to be proactive with the entire flock?

2. She is not eating well...any ideas?

3. She has probiotics in her water, can I force her to drink?

4. The RX can be put in her mouth?

5. Does this mean I now have a closed flock?

Do you mean you can hear gurgling? ? That sound like upper respiratory. . Has she been sneazing prior to yesterday? What does her poo look like . No dont force her to drink.
Sounds like you are doing everything right. If she had not had the gurgling, I would think spider or scorpion. Lethargic and not eating are signs of that. But the gurgling is upper respiratory. Although with scorpion there could be spasms.. keep us posted. .:hugs

At 10 days old the girls had an enjoyable time outside in the AZ Sunshine and fresh air!
Looks like fun, it looks like you have leghorns and maybe bard rocks or something else?
they look like Black Australorps and Buff Orpingtons to me. I can't really tell in the picture, but the lighter colored chicks look more buff than white. I'm pretty sure the black chicks that look like penquins are BAs. Post when they have more feathers and it will be easier to tell.
@Beckyhsinglsc that's a good idea to have her post later when they have a little more feathers and photos that are little clearer! I think as far as baby chicks you could leave them out for at least 2 hours a day I would just put a wire rack over the top of them so something I couldn't just like a hawk or an Owl swoop down and pick up and grab them and you weren't looking. It's fairly warm in the middle of the day and they enjoy that, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom