Arizona Chickens

Gorgeous!
I'm still pretty new at chicken-ing, lol, this being our 3rd year in. Most of our more standard breeds are from feed stores. We've had a few mean males, but I think part of that was our fault. Our females are sweet, friendly, and though not all lap chickens, they will certainly follow you around. However, I definitely see the difference in your bird as opposed to the barred rocks I've got. Even the ones I got from a local young(teenager) breeder, were not like this!

Some people will just take hatchery birds and breed them. It would take many generations to get a good, show quality, bird starting from poor stock if you even get there ever.

Some people will just take hatchery birds and breed them. It would take many generations to get a good, show quality, bird starting from poor stock if you even get there ever.
That is pretty much what I figured. We don't do any showing(yet anyway), but this is excellent information to gather if we ever do. My girls may be interested in the not-to-distant future.

It's hard to tell.. Take a photo of the top back.. You can see the saddle feathers.. EE cockerel's comb is so small.. The redness is another indicator.. The 2 that are crowing, is their comb more red?

Delta's top. I'm not very good at seeing saddle feathers this young, so I don't see a difference between the 3 other than coloring and Delta and Emily are very close, with one having a little more white about the face while the other is gray, and the other a little more white on the back as opposed to this, more brown-y. I have to look close to tell them apart, lol.

Looking to rehome our ameraucana roo Rio. To a NON EATING HOME ONLY. He is very sweet with children of all ages , the two year old can pick him up and pet him without issue. He is super gentle when taking treats , and always lets his lady go first. The only reason we have to rehome him is because he is just a bit too rough with our young pullets. I am sure that with more space, and more girls, he will settle down. We have never tried to hatch any eggs from him, so we do not know how good he is in that department. He needs to go somewhere where he has multiple girls , and more space. His tail feathers are a gorgeous iridescent green, and his coulouring is something you have to see to believe!

I can deliver to an extent.

Delta's top. I'm not very good at seeing saddle feathers this young, so I don't see a difference between the 3 other than coloring and Delta and Emily are very close, with one having a little more white about the face while the other is gray, and the other a little more white on the back as opposed to this, more brown-y. I have to look close to tell them apart, lol.
EEs are tricky. My girls have saddle feathers but they aren't pointy. I need more EEs.
1f60a.png
But there aren't any here. I looked everywhere chicks are sold.

So my Polish chick Dory is about 3 weeks old, and from the moment I got her, she has sneezed every 10 second. The first 2 days, she wasn't under a brooder light, and the feed store I got her from didn't have the babies under a brooder light either....

But when we bought her a 2 week old friend, we decided they needed a brooder light.

Is she sneezing because she is sick? Or because her huge polish skull makes her nostrils more susceptible to allergens/stuff getting in?

here is her cute self being cute, and not sneezing for once. She REALLY likes my sweater.......

^^^^^^

Woudl anyone know what thses little leg bumps are? they are too high to be spurrs.....

I'm worried they are blisters.

It's hard to tell.. Take a photo of the top back.. You can see the saddle feathers.. EE cockerel's comb is so small.. The redness is another indicator.. The 2 that are crowing, is their comb more red?
I don't see saddle feathers. . Wait about 1 more month. . Hopefully they will emerge. . NOT.. :eek:

[COLOR=333333]So my Polish chick Dory is about 3 weeks old, and from the moment I got her, she has sneezed every 10 second. The first 2 days, she wasn't under a brooder light, and the feed store I got her from didn't have the babies under a brooder light either....[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]But when we bought her a 2 week old friend, we decided they needed a brooder light. [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Is she sneezing because she is sick? Or because her huge polish skull makes her nostrils more susceptible to allergens/stuff getting in?[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]here is her cute self being cute, and not sneezing for once. She REALLY likes my sweater.......[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] ^^^^^^ Woudl anyone know what thses little leg bumps are? they are too high to be spurrs..... I'm worried they are blisters.
I don't see blisters. . Are they soft like a blister? Now on the sneezing, just to be safe do antibiotic, you could add ACV to her water. But no that is not normal . Did you quarantine her, and do all the other chicks seem sick. Do you have 1 flock or 2? Meaning, did you already have chicks and added more, or is this your 1st flock? ?

Quote: So the blisters are right where the little arrows are, on her leg. They are hard...

As for the sneezing, she is the only one of my 2 birds in this flock sneezing. I have this flock of babies, herself and her "sister" a Wyandotte chick,which are inside in a spacious container with woodchips and water, organic chick feed, and a "chick stick", and then I have my adult flock of 10 outside.

The wyandotte has not sneezed once. Just contently follows the sneezing chick wherever she goes in their storage bin. They have not been introduced to the big flock at all, but the sneezing chick ( a polish) seems to have something in her nostrils constantly........

My mom used the head of a pin to remove some poo and woodchip the other day from her nose, and it's seemed to work for a while...

then she started sneezing about an hour later again.

Back
Top Bottom