Arizona Chickens

WOW!@meetthebubus you really got walloped! The things we do for our chickies. Can you get that Chilean upright and back into the ground? Many times it will continue to grow and not die. At least I'd give it a try. I can't remember where you are located but glad we only got intense wind and dust. The girls were happy with the wind coming through the coop too!
Hubby uprighted it and put support so we will see if it roots itself ok :)

@FeatherPugs good luck rehoming your guys, they are really pretty. Nice feather patterns.
@meetthebubus hail is nothing to mess with, we had a crazy storm years ago and the saguaros are still scarred from the hail pelting into them. It dented the metal roof and put holes straight through the blue agave and aloe plants. I can only imagine what it could have done to your EEs had you not been there! Could have been horrible. You are a chicken warrior! :woot That's a huge bummer about your tree, Chilean mesquites are one of our favorites.
Thanks it was scary bc everything was flying I was so scared for them bc I couldn't reach them lol I was using a plastic rake to scoop them forward they were in a huddle with their feathers and wings as tight as can be against their bodies I just couldn't leave my sweet babes :) and I've seen holes around the property from the hail you're right

You're a good mom :hugs:)
aww thanks!

It took 22 hours for electricity so I gave all 13 gallons of ice to the chickens since they were melting anyhow I'll have to go buy ice for the next few days until the deep freezer can freeze it all again lol

But that's ok I'm glad the 360 enclosure held up just 2 weeks ago we went reinforcing everything in prep for monsoon

Thanks all for words of support I just am disappointed I guess I live where the weather doesn't report bc there was NO notice of high winds of anything so it all happened super fast

I think one thing that made it extra bad is we were hit by 2 sides simultaneously the south had the hail and wind and then the north came in with rain and wind and kind of made a mini hurricane

Florence got hit so hard, metal shades ripped from the concrete foundations, 1 trailer house flew across a street and landed on a Jeep, and the one that got me was a stack of 100 lb bales blown over. The bales were blown into and under a chain link fence, mind you the fence was more than 35 yards from the stack... some are upright on the fence with 4 inches of hay sticking out of the other side of the chain.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom