Arizona Chickens

I'm thinking the winds at my house were upwards of 75mph. What about at your place? Shows and EF1 tornado touched down in the Phoenix valley - probably where all the damage was done with the downed trees almost in a straight line block but think about the winds - tornado strength.......just wow!

Do you by chance know where that was at?

So a first for me, I had only one chick hatch from the batch last night and it will be 10 days until the last hatch of the year. I've noticed it is not as active now is it exploring like it would be if it was in a group. So the question is, Does anyone have day old or near day old chicks they would be willing to sell a couple to me. I'm in Cochise county but if I have to wait until Saturday, I will be going to the ACA meetup in Phoenix, mainly so I can meet up with several people that are buying some tools I no longer need.

So a first for me, I had only one chick hatch from the batch last night and it will be 10 days until the last hatch of the year. I've noticed it is not as active now is it exploring like it would be if it was in a group. So the question is, Does anyone have day old or near day old chicks they would be willing to sell a couple to me. I'm in Cochise county but if I have to wait until Saturday, I will be going to the ACA meetup in Phoenix, mainly so I can meet up with several people that are buying some tools I no longer need.
If you're on facebook there's a Cochise County Farm and Garden group and I believe a Cochise County poultry type group you can ask in. I know up here in Safford our Curtis Landscaping store has a some chicks but I think they're about a week old or more already.

Sorry I can't help. Mine are already a month old. Have you tried your local feed store or a TSC store? They might have some.

I have. the last store that had late chicks sold the last of them 4 days ago and won't be getting new ones in until end of January. LOL just my luck. So i think what I will do is to make a pen inside a pen in the brooder that has the month olds so at least there is company and interaction on the other side of the screen.

Just have to move the meaties out tomorrow and clean it before I can shift things around. I had planned to move the Cornish tomorrow anyway.

It was an outside chance someone would have any chicks around now as I prefer to keep new hatched in the house for their first ten days to keep a good eye on them.

I have. the last store that had late chicks sold the last of them 4 days ago and won't be getting new ones in until end of January. LOL just my luck. So i think what I will do is to make a pen inside a pen in the brooder that has the month olds so at least there is company and interaction on the other side of the screen.

Just have to move the meaties out tomorrow and clean it before I can shift things around. I had planned to move the Cornish tomorrow anyway.

It was an outside chance someone would have any chicks around now as I prefer to keep new hatched in the house for their first ten days to keep a good eye on them.

I keep my newly hatched in the house also, but I just moved them outside on Dec. 1st. Do you have a local Craigslist over there for your area? I noticed that some have chick's for sale now on the Phoenix area one.

Back
Top Bottom