Arizona Chickens

Yes, they are naked Neck's. I had mixed the Crested Cream Legbar with the white Naked Neck rooster named Charley that I used to have, so that's why I have Naked Neck's that will lay the blue/green egg's. @starri33 now own's Charley. The 3 Black Copper Maran egg's haven't started hatching yet.
so , is the feather-less neck gene dominant then? I know that hen chicks get feathering from the father and roo chicks, from the mother, so would it be possible to create an auto sexing naked neck based who had a naked neck?
Do the Maran eggs even show signs of life? I know they're were giving you trouble with
candling.
Sorry for the inquisition, I know it bugs people, thank you for your patience with me!

so , is the feather-less neck gene dominant then? I know that hen chicks get feathering from the father and roo chicks, from the mother, so would it be possible to create an auto sexing naked neck based who had a naked neck?
Do the Maran eggs even show signs of life? I know they're were giving you trouble with
candling.
Sorry for the inquisition, I know it bugs people, thank you for your patience with me!

When you breed a featherless neck to a fully feathered neck, the chick's will come out with half of them still having the fully feathered neck's. The one's that come out as Naked Neck's only get one of those gene's and have the bib's. I'm not sure if you could develop a sex-linked Naked Neck or not. I haven't been working with them on that. When I hatch egg's that are from my own flock, I put only the biggest egg's from my hen's in there to get offspring that will lay big egg's too. Last year and the year before I was playing with the egg color gene's, so that's why my Naked Neck's are almost like those one's that they call Easter Egger's, as the hen's will lay a more colorful egg basket.

I couldn't see in the Maran egg's to candle them well, because they are so dark of a color. They didn't explode, so I left them in there.

I don't mind you asking question's, as I also do when I'm curious or want to learn something.

Last year and the year before I was playing with the egg color gene's, so that's why my Naked Neck's are almost like those one's that they call Easter Egger's, as the hen's will lay a more colorful egg basket.
:thumbsup You developed a combo with the BEST of both. Beautiful eggs,, and Heat Tolerant. ...... Oh almost forgot,,,, you aim for LARGE EGGS:highfive:

:thumbsup You developed a combo with the BEST of both. Beautiful eggs,, and Heat Tolerant. ...... Oh almost forgot,,,, you aim for LARGE EGGS:highfive:

You got it! It's been fun though, but I've been mostly growing them out to see how they would do. I'm pretty much ready to roll now. I have fertile hatching egg's available.

BlueBaby
I hope that some of those Copper eggs :gig hatch for you. You just might incorporate that dark color into something new.:idunno
I would like to have a BCM hen. Of course I would like to have 1 Hen of every breed on earth:thMy Urban living is what keeps my Chicken math in CHECK.

I knew there had to be a reason why you didn't move to a place with bigger property! :lau

BlueBaby
I hope that some of those Copper eggs :gig hatch for you. You just might incorporate that dark color into something new.:idunno
I would like to have a BCM hen. Of course I would like to have 1 Hen of every breed on earth:thMy Urban living is what keeps my Chicken math in CHECK.

I knew there has to be a reason why you didn't move to a place with bigger property!

Actually, I may have a change in plan with the BCM's. I ordered some hatching egg's again. This time it will be some BLRW's, and Svart Hona/Coocoo Maran mixes. Maybe I should wait and see what I end up with?

This time it will be some BLRW's, and Svart Hona/Coocoo Maran mixes
I see Svart Honas, as a European version of the Ayam Cemani. To me they are interchangeable :idunno .... A few years ago I was on a list with some chicken peeps to get some. Supposedly, that person was going to someone in Florida, and bring back a bunch of FACTORY SECONDS:gig... These were imperfect culls that had some Non Black in their color. The price was $35 per chicken. That was just fine by me,,,, since Imperfect chicken is my FAV. :hugs and the pri$e was VERY FAV:thumbsup
That deal never materialized, and fell thru. :(..
I think, if you developed a Black Skinned NN ,,,, you would have a Transylvanian Fashion Queen. :love

I see Svart Honas, as a European version of the Ayam Cemani. To me they are interchangeable :idunno .... A few years ago I was on a list with some chicken peeps to get some. Supposedly, that person was going to someone in Florida, and bring back a bunch of FACTORY SECONDS:gig... These were imperfect culls that had some Non Black in their color. The price was $35 per chicken. That was just fine by me,,,, since Imperfect chicken is my FAV. :hugs and the pri$e was VERY FAV:thumbsup
That deal never materialized, and fell thru. :(..
I think, if you developed a Black Skinned NN ,,,, you would have a Transylvanian Fashion Queen. :love

I have read that a mulberry colored comb is acceptable in the Svart Hona's, but not in the Ayam Cemani's. I'm not going to be breeding for show anyway's. If I had my choice, I would have taken all in the Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, but her flock isn't big enough to fill my order.

Back
Top Bottom