Arizona Chickens

Good Morning! I'm sticking my nose in the conversation. I'm just north of Prescott. I deal with ridiculously dry and cracked hands. I have learned to use hoof cream/dressing on my hands. It sounds weird but I'm telling you it works. Depending on which hoof dressing you use I always put gloves over it until it soaks into the skin. I tried it out of sheer desperation, no more cracked bleeding fingers!

Good Morning! I'm sticking my nose in the conversation. I'm just north of Prescott. I deal with ridiculously dry and cracked hands. I have learned to use hoof cream/dressing on my hands. It sounds weird but I'm telling you it works. Depending on which hoof dressing you use I always put gloves over it until it soaks into the skin. I tried it out of sheer desperation, no more cracked bleeding fingers!
Hey, welcome and thank you so much! Is there a particular brand/formula you suggest?

Hello! Don't worry about sticking your nose in. We are all here to help each other.

Hey, welcome and thank you so much! Is there a particular brand/formula you suggest?
Thank you for the welcome! I typically use Farriers Secret, because that is what I use on my horses. I have also used Corona hoof dressing and Hooflex. Play around with how much you use until you figure out what works best for you.
There was a hoof cream years ago that had mango in it, I used it as lotion lol Sadly they discontinued production of it.

Yes, the summer's are hot! Thank God for air-conditioner's and iced drink's! I still go out there several time's a day in the summer to collect the egg's and to check on how the flock is doing.
I grew up in a high desert town in Northern San Diego county. Having to be in the barn by 3am so you could feed and get to working horses by 4:30am was insanity! When we defected from Cali we debated Southern Az, but I just couldn't do it. I'm an outdoors kinda gal. I don't handle being cooped up inside well. So instead I complain about how damn cold it gets up here and God help me when that nasty white stuff hits! I go down to the valley to thaw out in winter. :D

I grew up in a high desert town in Northern San Diego county. Having to be in the barn by 3am so you could feed and get to working horses by 4:30am was insanity! When we defected from Cali we debated Southern Az, but I just couldn't do it. I'm an outdoors kinda gal. I don't handle being cooped up inside well. So instead I complain about how damn cold it gets up here and God help me when that nasty white stuff hits! I go down to the valley to thaw out in winter. :D

It's not hard at all if you wanted to shovel the sunshine from the driveway's in winter here. The shovelful's are very light. :lau

It's not hard at all if you wanted to shovel the sunshine from the driveway's in winter here. The shovelful's are very light. :lau
Sure rub it in why don't ya? 🤪 My husband who grew up in Pa convinced me snow was fun. HA! Snow is cold and a royal pain in the arse when it comes to doing well ANYTHING outside. Move to snow country he said, it will be fun he said. 🥶

Back
Top Bottom