Arizona Chickens

Well i think mine will be meanies too, but i can put it in the chicken jail.. will that work? Itll be right next to the run (until it's feathers are back). Im going to get it in the morning!!
Please don't put it in jail unless you must. They are flock animals and it won't be happy alone, especially as a wee one.

Please don't put it in jail unless you must. They are flock animals and it won't be happy alone, especially as a wee one.
Well, it has a giant red butt... (if its still alive).. so i don't see how i can put it with the others and not have them do the same thing to it. So i can give it a chance to let it heal, or leave it to die where is at?

Well, it has a giant red butt... (if its still alive).. so i don't see how i can put it with the others and not have them do the same thing to it. So i can give it a chance to let it heal, or leave it to die where is at?
I had a cockerel (Sir Poops A Lot) he'd been attacked by the others, when I took him from his chicken mama, he was a bloody featherless mess, I bought him home, bathed him, put medicine on him, he stayed in his crate in my brooder room, only company was a batch of chicks in the tote on the other side of the room, I kept him in that till the open wounds healed and transferred him to the TSC coop I have in the yard, it was a look but don't touch.. he grew up to be a beautiful Roo when the feathers came back in. I personally don't see a issue with him being in a look but don't touch till the feathers are back, he'll get use to the flock and the flock will get use to him.

1590938045717.png
This is Sir Poops A lot, in a before and after
1590938106945.png

Ugh!!! Store is closed! My rehab center is ready to go.. I'll see if its still there tomorrow morning. What can i use for any sores on its skin? Neosporin?

I'm also thinking of using that second cage as a coop for my daughter's room. Maybe one of the silkies and hurt baby can live together in there once its healed up. Really gotta keep the chicken math under control if they are indoors.

Btw... i was thinking its name will be Sunshine... cuz its butt is where the sun CAN shine! 🤣 i kill me sometimes.

I had a cockerel (Sir Poops A Lot) he'd been attacked by the others, when I took him from his chicken mama, he was a bloody featherless mess, I bought him home, bathed him, put medicine on him, he stayed in his crate in my brooder room, only company was a batch of chicks in the tote on the other side of the room, I kept him in that till the open wounds healed and transferred him to the TSC coop I have in the yard, it was a look but don't touch.. he grew up to be a beautiful Roo when the feathers came back in. I personally don't see a issue with him being in a look but don't touch till the feathers are back, he'll get use to the flock and the flock will get use to him.
Even when Floraison was in jail, she was still close enough to be an ass and try to shank the others through the prison bars. I agree, look but dont touch would be best.

That's way more feathers than this one even has.. looked like they started from the back and kept moving forward. What a pretty bird! I wish i had land so i could keep all of them, and more of them!

If you ever move to get more land (yard), just make sure that the place has nothing to do with an HOA.

If you ever move to get more land (yard), just make sure that the place has nothing to do with an HOA.
Yes, im in an hoa now, which is fine, regular house on average lot. But i was surprised when i went to look at acre lots nearby, and they still restricted having even a few backyard chickens! Id go outside of the phx area if i make the move. But im tired of moving for now.

I am going to modify the coop i have (which had i anticipated, i could have gotten a much larger one and then modified it) so that i can do some plastic storage bins thay slide in and out to maybe TRY and use a deep litter/ sand method. Id like to investigate something that i could clean out like a kitty litter box. Someone recommended Stay Dry, but i dont know if that entire medium has to be changed out for cleanings. The horse pellets are just too hard to add/remove on a weekly basis.

I just went out there to check for egg's and to refill the water pan's for them. As I did that, I also let the water run over the top a bit so it would dampen the ground by the area, and out pop's this mouse. I had a chicken show! One of the pullet's that's about to start laying egg's grabbed it and wouldn't let go, while the other one's were chasing her trying to get it away from her. I guess that I better not sell her, as she's a good mouser, huh? :gig

Back
Top Bottom