Arizona Chickens

Is it the only one or is it with others? Where do you live?
Its with others in the bin, I'd say they still have about 20 chicks in there.. it is in El Mirage... I already have one definitely and one probable roos that I will have to either rehome or sell back, but regardless if it is a male or female, I won't be able to keep it, only get it healthy. I am not sure which bantam breed it is either, just no feathers on its feet.

Agh, poor thing. Do you mean Sir as in a dude-Cockerel or this the chickens name? Some chickens are so mean that they either need to go to a huge free range home or the freezer.
Sir Poops A Lot is a Roo, after growing his feathers back, he was a gorgeous Roo, he moved on to a new Daddy and his own Harem. He'd been tossed in with a new flock as a young chick.. that is how he got so beat up.. I took him back home with me to heal.

I've got a challenge, when candling all of my eggs last night with my broodies, I found one that had pipped. it's up under a broody right now, she's talking to it I believe, but it hasn't made anymore progress.. I found it at 8 pm last night, should I help? leave it alone, if I help should I put it back under the broody or try and give it to one of the hens that I have right now with chicks.. anywhere from 10 days old to 3. It's hotter than sin out there right now, I'd hate for it to get shrink wrapped so I don't know.

Decided to help the little one out of the shell, he/she is currently drying out in the incubator getting their legs under them before I take them back out and introduce him/her to their new parent.. Black Feather one of my NN's. Still have one more egg to hatch there, but if it looks like she's going to break after this baby, I'll move the egg in to the main flock with one of those girls. Seems this time, thanks to eggs getting broken, I am the one playing musical nest boxes.. @BlueBaby , I had to assure the hubby that I wasn't breaking out the incubator for hatching more..lol, but I do have to admit that the thought of popping some in it is tempting.

Decided to help the little one out of the shell, he/she is currently drying out in the incubator getting their legs under them before I take them back out and introduce him/her to their new parent.. Black Feather one of my NN's. Still have one more egg to hatch there, but if it looks like she's going to break after this baby, I'll move the egg in to the main flock with one of those girls. Seems this time, thanks to eggs getting broken, I am the one playing musical nest boxes.. @BlueBaby , I had to assure the hubby that I wasn't breaking out the incubator for hatching more..lol, but I do have to admit that the thought of popping some in it is tempting.

lol You might be needing to add more bloodline soon for gene diversity.

Back
Top Bottom