Arizona Chickens

So, only 1 out of the 6 hasn't hatched?
Yup, a Blue NN egg. I'll wait till probably tomorrow night or Saturday to candle, it's early yet to call it. I know why I'm getting early hatches, at least I'm 99.8% sure, I'm married to the reason..lol.. got a call out of a friend today, she's decided that she wants chickens but needs to get her coop straightened out, she only wants 2 or 3, she'd said one, told her she couldn't do that as chickens are flock animals and it could die of loneliness, don't know if it could, but it sounded good. So she'll get at least 2, maybe two hen's and a Roo, if she decided she didn't like getting woke up at 4 am, she could make it Sunday dinner.

Yup, a Blue NN egg. I'll wait till probably tomorrow night or Saturday to candle, it's early yet to call it. I know why I'm getting early hatches, at least I'm 99.8% sure, I'm married to the reason..lol.. got a call out of a friend today, she's decided that she wants chickens but needs to get her coop straightened out, she only wants 2 or 3, she'd said one, told her she couldn't do that as chickens are flock animals and it could die of loneliness, don't know if it could, but it sounded good. So she'll get at least 2, maybe two hen's and a Roo, if she decided she didn't like getting woke up at 4 am, she could make it Sunday dinner.
I love how she quickly did the chicken math! 🤣

Sorry, I'm new to this website and are still trying to find my way around. My father in law passed away recently and left behind about 20 to 30 free roaming chickens. I'm trying to find a rescue who is able to take them in. They reside in the neighborhood but have been mostly staying on my father in law's property due to food and water supply. I have found homes for a few of them but I'm running out of time because the house has been sold. I contacted Aimee's farm and Healing Hearts rescue but have not heard anything back. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Sorry, I'm new to this website and are still trying to find my way around. My father in law passed away recently and left behind about 20 to 30 free roaming chickens. I'm trying to find a rescue who is able to take them in. They reside in the neighborhood but have been mostly staying on my father in law's property due to food and water supply. I have found homes for a few of them but I'm running out of time because the house has been sold. I contacted Aimee's farm and Healing Hearts rescue but have not heard anything back. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Where are the Chickens located. that is the first thing we need to know to offer help?

Good morning AZ. I sold my red girls and they left last night. There are 5 pullets going to my sons today and I'm down to 7 birds now. I have 7 eggs in my incubator though, 6 Ayam Cemani and 1 from my flock. It has been disgusting outside! The humidity is unreal and I was dripping sweat just standing in the sun. I met our new neighbors, I'm relieved they're ok with the rooster crowing in the morning.

Good morning AZ. I sold my red girls and they left last night. There are 5 pullets going to my sons today and I'm down to 7 birds now. I have 7 eggs in my incubator though, 6 Ayam Cemani and 1 from my flock. It has been disgusting outside! The humidity is unreal and I was dripping sweat just standing in the sun. I met our new neighbors, I'm relieved they're ok with the rooster crowing in the morning.
Rooster-friendly neighbors! Fantastic luck!

Back
Top Bottom