Arizona Chickens

The minimum order from Moyer's is 20. https://www.moyerschicks.com/catalo...imperial-broiler-day-old-chicks-straight-run/
I am full up with chicks until Spring so I am just dreaming right now, you are welcome to split an order of St run = 26.10 for 10, and you could pick out the best for your breeders and eat the rest in fine meat bird tradition. I was figuring on 10 meat birds and then 10 ISA Brown layers that they sell to fill up the box, every one seems to like them as layers and I would have had to sell them on craig's list. Kind of a pain to do that but It works. It would be so much easier to know before I got them where they are going. I just do not have the freezer space for 20! Maybe if @springvalley123 wanted some it would be just the right number for all of us. Then we could have a get-together ~8 or 9 weeks later for "processing" day? I used to have a Mexican neighbor when I had chickens in California, and he would come over and help out with the plucking. I did 4 geese, lots of plucking, he got one for his efforts, all were happy. Geese are to die for as Christmas dinner in my German descended family. :drool

Ok, you twisted my arm, I'll take the 10 that you mentioned when you get them, and give you the money plus a bag of chick feed for you. Do you need anything else?

Ok, you twisted my arm, I'll take the 10 that you mentioned when you get them, and give you the money plus a bag of chick feed for you. Do you need anything else?
Not that difficult to twist! More like providing an excuse to get more chicks :lau No, nothing else needed, but it will not be until April -- next spring when the weather here is not freezing all day! Then I would be brooding them for you for a while? You could come up and pick out the ones you want or I could drive them down to you. I brood them in an un-insulated shed, although it might get an upgrade if I keep using it for chicks! It is much better driving weather in the spring when they do not shut down 17 all the time for fires! I had to drive around through Wickenburg last time I visited! :rant

Not that difficult to twist! More like providing an excuse to get more chicks :lau No, nothing else needed, but it will not be until April -- next spring when the weather here is not freezing all day! Then I would be brooding them for you for a while? You could come up and pick out the ones you want or I could drive them down to you. I brood them in an un-insulated shed, although it might get an upgrade if I keep using it for chicks! It is much better driving weather in the spring when they do not shut down 17 all the time for fires! I had to drive around through Wickenburg last time I visited! :rant

That will be fine, then. I won't even have to brood them! I'm trying to figure out though how you would get 10 of those in the spring to fit into that little bitty car that you have. When you come here in the spring, I'll also be ready to let these 2 Blue Double Laced Barnevelder girl's go, if you want them. They are too broody for me, and I already have NN's that are broody.

That will be fine, then. I won't even have to brood them! I'm trying to figure out though how you would get 10 of those in the spring to fit into that little bitty car that you have. When you come here in the spring, I'll also be ready to let these 2 Blue Double Laced Barnevelder girl's go, if you want them. They are too broody for me, and I already have NN's that are broody.
10 4 week olds fit in a dog crate I have, a little bigger one! :lau

Those 2 could probably fit in the crate. They are not very good in the heat I think I have heard? They might be great up here.

Back
Top Bottom