Arizona Chickens

HAH yes!! Exactly.. they were watching the birds at the fountain... but little did they know this was overhead! Bastard was circling my yard this morning WHILE I WAS STANDING THERE with my dogs. (not actual photo of said hawk).View attachment 2243357
They don't care about you or your dogs, except maybe one of those teeny tiny "dogs." They gotta eat too, can you imagine the rodent population without them?

I would not give too much, easy for house birds to get fat! A teaspoon as a treat. All of our house pets are in danger of getting too fat -- wild birds fly miles and need the fat!
Ok good to know, the only treats they get right now are veggies, which they love, and meal worms when i am trying to get them to listen to me 🤣

So cute... they could care less about the actual box i made for them w dirt and herbs.. but they are taking a dirt bath on the rug!!
20200714_180145.jpg

Ok good to know, the only treats they get right now are veggies, which they love, and meal worms when i am trying to get them to listen to me 🤣

I've been giving mine treats of lettuce, and celery, and chopped hard boiled egg's. Today it was wet feed made with some vitamin and electrolytes in it. Tomorrow they are getting some water melon.

I've been giving mine treats of lettuce, and celery, and chopped hard boiled egg's. Today it was wet feed made with some vitamin and electrolytes in it. Tomorrow they are getting some water melon.
My lettuce is growing in, i need to pull some leaves off. Ill give them my scraps from it. I wish i had gotten my garden beds going before summer hit.. ill prep in September.

My lettuce is growing in, i need to pull some leaves off. Ill give them my scraps from it. I wish i had gotten my garden beds going before summer hit.. ill prep in September.
When you have leftover kitchen scraps, (plant based) chop finely and offer on a dish as a treat. Don't offer uncooked potatoes BTW. Cooked potatoes are just fine. Also no uncooked rice, and uncooked kidney beans. If you feel really good, and happy, cook up an envelope of ramen noodles without the seasoning packet. I would do it on occasion:drool:drool:drool and chickens luvd it. I would crush the noodles prior to cooking when they were dry. The resulting pieces were small, instead of 24 inch long noodles.

When you have leftover kitchen scraps, (plant based) chop finely and offer on a dish as a treat. Don't offer uncooked potatoes BTW. Cooked potatoes are just fine. Also no uncooked rice, and uncooked kidney beans. If you feel really good, and happy, cook up an envelope of ramen noodles without the seasoning packet. I would do it on occasion:drool:drool:drool and chickens luvd it. I would crush the noodles prior to cooking when they were dry. The resulting pieces were small, instead of 24 inch long noodles.

I give mine the left over spaghetti noodle's, and then have a blast watching them with those.

Back
Top Bottom