Arizona Chickens

Look's like the price of chicken feed is going up. A bag of the same feed at the same place that mine comes from was $5.00 more than it was the last time I got some there. It's probably because of so many that bought chick's, plus the combination of the fires and flood's?
I also read something about availability of feed due to the fire and hurricanes.

That is sort of steep! I have 2 Double Blue Laced Barnevelder hen's here that are about a year old now that I am trying to sell for $10.00 each. No taker's yet, though.

I plan to work on my coop over the next few days. No idea how far I'll get, because they plan to close the road down for construction, and I'll be on lockdown (sort of). The dirt roads don't connect right for me to do a detour in a reasonable length of time. So if I need something, I'll be of out of luck. If the Barnevelders are still there when it's ready, I can make the trip to Maricopa. :) But that may take weeks, so if you sell them, that's OK, no biggie.

Its outdoors, and it just bloomed, so its all clear, but within a day little critters will come to visit. They get way into the center, so you don't notice them.. but i have my vanilla aromatics on the porch, so that might keep them gone (the flying insects). Ive had it now 3 years. It definitely needs to be potted, or it can spread, sort of like aloe vera does. The pods are unique before it blooms. Ill try to get pics.

I'm seriously thinking of getting some of those Starfish plants like your's. Maybe it will help me to keep the ant's away from my coop and run. I don't free-range, so I could plant them where they were needed around the 3 1/2 acres over here.

I have 3 chicks here that are 4 weeks old, Mille Fleur d’Uccle
I have 4 Polish that really don't go with the rest of the flock they arrived with as chicks April 2. They are small but I've never had Polish before so don't really know if they are standard size or banty. I'm willing to give them to someone who can give them more attention. I keep them apart from the non-Polish. At least 2 have started laying very recently but I can't guarantee that all of them are hens since one of them was trying to crow back at the 8 week mark. I haven't heard any crow recently. Let me know if she's interested in these Polish - 3 are White Crested Black Polish and one is Golden Polish (this one is very tame and friendly because it was kept for a couple of weeks by separately when I had to give (him?) electrolytes/poultry cell when (he?) was little -don't know if he/she but it has a stringy hairdo more like a male, but never heard this one crow.
Good Morning,
Thank you very much for your kind offers, and for allowing me time to think it over.
My friend has decided to wait until spring to get any chickens, she'll either order some when I order mine or wait to see what the feed stores have.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom