Arizona Chickens

Well, it's too far to try to ship a full grown bird over here to AZ., and would cost a lot anyway's. Just out of curiosity so I can tell her if she is interested in getting egg's from those, how much do you charge to ship say like a dozen or so over here to AZ.?
Whatever priority shipping would be plus the cost of eggs 25/dozen

Good, you'll have enough to make a good sized omelet soon. :gig
Actually we already have too many! I bought 2 18 packs of eggs thinking we'd still have a while til they were all laying!! I only eat 2, MAYBE 3 Of their little eggs for a meal.. so we will still have extras. My daughter likes eggs only a day or two a week. So there are definitely enough for me to make an omelet!! I think on a good week we will be looking at 20 eggs.

How long can i reasonably leave them out on the counter? I have my egg skelter so oldest eggs get eaten first.. but i could easily have a weeks worth soon enough. My house tends to stay around 75 degrees year round.

Actually we already have too many! I bought 2 18 packs of eggs thinking we'd still have a while til they were all laying!! I only eat 2, MAYBE 3 Of their little eggs for a meal.. so we will still have extras. My daughter likes eggs only a day or two a week. So there are definitely enough for me to make an omelet!! I think on a good week we will be looking at 20 eggs.

How long can i reasonably leave them out on the counter? I have my egg skelter so oldest eggs get eaten first.. but i could easily have a weeks worth soon enough. My house tends to stay around 75 degrees year round.

As to how long, I did a search and found this:

https://www.fresheggsdaily.blog/2012/06/handling-and-storing-eggs.html#:~:text=Eggs%20don't%20need%20to,is%20best%20to%20refrigerate%20them.

Thank you for that!! So sounds like they can last a super long time, but are best within 2 weeks when unrefridgerated..

i think i will burn through them quickly enough.. plus im sure they will ALL decide to go broody at the same time 🤣 so maybe freezing any extras might come in handy.

I need to remember to save their egg shells to crush. I actually have a hard time cracking them, the shells are super thick, and then i still have to open the membrane to get the egg to drop into the pan! Im feeding them the feather fixer food, must be doing the trick!

Thank you for that!! So sounds like they can last a super long time, but are best within 2 weeks when unrefridgerated..

i think i will burn through them quickly enough.. plus im sure they will ALL decide to go broody at the same time 🤣 so maybe freezing any extras might come in handy.

I need to remember to save their egg shells to crush. I actually have a hard time cracking them, the shells are super thick, and then i still have to open the membrane to get the egg to drop into the pan! Im feeding them the feather fixer food, must be doing the trick!

As you crack the egg's open for cooking, drop the shell's in a bowl of water. That will help to keep those membranes inside of the shell's from drying out so you can peel them out.

Back
Top Bottom