Arizona Chickens

They are babies and will try to eat anything they can put in their mouth's, like human babies try to. I've read stories right here on BYC's where chicken's will eat paint, styrofoam, screw's, etc. Why wouldn't they try to eat "plastic" also? What I mean is that a beak can break those, and then the chick can eat it.
They will eat a earring, on your ear. Has not happened to me but I read that it has happened. I had my pearls on & saw one I was holding eyeballing my earring.

This is the type that I was talking about. https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Poultry-Bands-Medium-Chick/dp/B016J8QJF6/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=chick+leg+band'&qid=1606230384&sr=8-8

I know that you were trying to be helpful. I was just mentioning my experience with that.

I put them on the chick's leg, and found it in the brooder floor. The chick had it in it's beak and it had broken. It then just looked like a colored little worm in it's beak, and the other's were chasing that chick to get the prize. I pulled it out of it's beak. I use the zipties now.
Yea, rubber is easy to tear. Not the same material i was mentioning.

Well, I collected all the eggs from yesterday to put under Lorraine. I was going to put them under her at dark so I don’t have to check if anyone else wanted to sneak one in. Marked them with the date & who I think it’s from. I go out & she decided to take a bath at late dusk, really. Anyho, I plan on collecting the eggs from today and pick 15.
Here is the barnyard mix to be; Hens, Golden laced Wyandotte, chikita-spelling?, what I was told Lav-Marans, alohas, naked neck Turkmens & Fawn our sweet E.E. From @BlueBaby .
Not sure if Cindy the silver laced Wyandotte or silver laced English Orpington (shorter legs, which she has & that is what I am thinking she is) is laying since she is raising the chicks, but our Dude Rojier (Bielefelder) has mounted her.
I have not seen her in a nest so I guess we will see.
I do plan on putting up a chicken wire to her nest to keep all the others out, you can see the duck nesting box in the photo.
She is back in her nest that is full of down feathers. She doesn’t mind me digging around under her so I think she will be a great momma & I can check on the eggs for candling.
E5CB6C8D-1E83-4939-BE34-41DB191E9891.jpeg
9BE72D4E-EE0B-4D23-992D-22518B53DD9F.jpeg
FB52104B-5E51-4EE6-B587-954B88AFC209.jpeg

Well, I collected all the eggs from yesterday to put under Lorraine. I was going to put them under her at dark so I don’t have to check if anyone else wanted to sneak one in. Marked them with the date & who I think it’s from. I go out & she decided to take a bath at late dusk, really. Anyho, I plan on collecting the eggs from today and pick 15.
Here is the barnyard mix to be; Hens, Golden laced Wyandotte, chikita-spelling?, what I was told Lav-Marans, alohas, naked neck Turkmens & Fawn our sweet E.E. From @BlueBaby .
Not sure if Cindy the silver laced Wyandotte or silver laced English Orpington (shorter legs, which she has & that is what I am thinking she is) is laying since she is raising the chicks, but our Dude Rojier (Bielefelder) has mounted her.
I have not seen her in a nest so I guess we will see.
I do plan on putting up a chicken wire to her nest to keep all the others out, you can see the duck nesting box in the photo.
She is back in her nest that is full of down feathers. She doesn’t mind me digging around under her so I think she will be a great momma & I can check on the eggs for candling. View attachment 2423409View attachment 2423410View attachment 2423411

Well, it's Fawn's if it's a pretty green egg.

@cavemanrich
Wondering, did either of you get “ Ashkenazy“ Jew listed as a nationality?
DW's results show a percentage, but mine don't. That makes me from the Gentiles. I'm probably a descendant from Cornelius Family tree.

AngBantamLuv

On the subject of Neanderthal, and Arthur Itis :gig (arthritis) My uncle relocated from Chicago to Phoenix, because his pain became almost non existent in the Arizona Sauna. I drove the Uhaul truck there to make his move.
My hanging around on the AZ thread, gives me pleasant reminiscent memories of walking along Central Ave and Camelback Rd.

Back
Top Bottom