Arizona Chickens

What color's of feathering did Eve and Ava turn out to be?
Both are white, what makes it easy to tell them apart is they have 2 different combs. Eva is way more curious as to what I am doing.
95650036-C9F1-45E0-A329-B87A57CC67C1.jpeg
8A347496-14AE-425F-B821-D30D33409D3C.jpeg
ECB52F40-9B78-4A1D-8793-A1E89A5DA588.jpeg
C.C. Channel & Eve are not interested in me at all. Eve is drinking water with Fawn in the back. The other girl next to her is what I call lav Marans. I will do a separate post odd C.C. Channel.

DW's results show a percentage, but mine don't. That makes me from the Gentiles. I'm probably a descendant from Cornelius Family tree.

That nationality is not part of the 12 tribes. It’s a long story & really not important. In short a converted Jew.

AngBantamLuv

On the subject of Neanderthal, and Arthur Itis :gig (arthritis) My uncle relocated from Chicago to Phoenix, because his pain became almost non existent in the Arizona Sauna. I drove the Uhaul truck there to make his move.
My hanging around on the AZ thread, gives me pleasant reminiscent memories of walking along Central Ave and Camelback Rd.

Do the hens tame down their egg songs at some point? I know my girls are still young, and only laying for a little more than a month, but they are LOUD like chimpanzees 😂 the silkies are much louder than my D'Uccles.
Not really, some are just louder than others. Our N. N. Have a longer drawn out noice than the others. Then one other girls cackles, cackles & cackles like a laugh.

Not really, some are just louder than others. Our N. N. Have a longer drawn out noice than the others. Then one other girls cackles, cackles & cackles like a laugh.
That's what the D'uccles sound like to me, not too loud laughing. The might do one or two actual egg song crows, or nothing. Seems like the silkies have an inner true chicken under all that fluff!

Here is the aloof C.C. Channel, a beauty. I might try to work with her so she will not be so aloof. As you can see I use pallets so the flock can hide/get away or have a place to go when it’s hot in the summer. The Arabian Lilac that was planted earlier this year will give them tons of dark shade next summer. Very happy they don’t eat it & have some greenery in their run.
DC52D1DB-2F07-4C95-8D48-9CC93D1BC40B.jpeg
590026FD-E2EC-468F-866C-0C391C289C7B.jpeg
EBF46CFD-416F-4598-A036-2C85428BC0D4.jpeg

Both are white, what makes it easy to tell them apart is they have 2 different combs. Eva is way more curious as to what I am doing. View attachment 2424750View attachment 2424751View attachment 2424752C.C. Channel & Eve are not interested in me at all. Eve is drinking water with Fawn in the back. The other girl next to her is what I call lav Marans. I will do a separate post odd C.C. Channel.

Yes, those definitely came from here. I'll be letting more of my dark legged one's go, if I can find the Buff NN's with the yellow leg's for breeding with Manoa. Right now I only have one that I need for the project, and she's still too young.

Last edited:
Here is the aloof C.C. Channel, a beauty. I might try to work with her so she will not be so aloof. As you can see I use pallets so the flock can hide/get away or have a place to go when it’s hot in the summer. The Arabian Lilac that was planted earlier this year will give them tons of dark shade next summer. Very happy they don’t eat it & have some greenery in their run.View attachment 2424768View attachment 2424769View attachment 2424770

Yes, she sure did come out with a pretty color and feather pattern. For a while, all of the one's that I hatched came out with that dominate white.

Back
Top Bottom