Arizona Chickens

Cool! What breed did you get?
I have a sapphire egger with blue eggs, a EE with green eggs, silver laced Wyandotte who is in the hospital ward with a hurt leg, 3 mottled Orpington laying pale tan eggs. 4 roosters in there that all love each other. I have 4 turkins in the grow out pen to add and tha sapphire bluebell went broody and hatched out 2 also in the grow out pen. Them and I think I’m between 50 and 60 silkies.

I have a sapphire egger with blue eggs, a EE with green eggs, silver laced Wyandotte who is in the hospital ward with a hurt leg, 3 mottled Orpington laying pale tan eggs. 4 roosters in there that all love each other. I have 4 turkins in the grow out pen to add and tha sapphire bluebell went broody and hatched out 2 also in the grow out pen. Them and I think I’m between 50 and 60 silkies.

It sound's like you were lucky to be able to get a good piece of land up there to be able to have that many chicken's after you moved from AZ. I bet your hubby is happy to be able to have bigger egg's for breakfast now. Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!

Yes, those definitely came from here. I'll be letting more of my dark legged one's go, if I can find the Buff NN's with the yellow leg's for breeding with Manoa. Right now I only have one that I need for the project, and she's still too young.
I am glad to have these but the Rooster has left holes in their skin when mounting them. Plus the other girls will peck on a bite mark on their necks. I am setting up a area for them in the run so they can heal.

I am glad to have these but the Rooster has left holes in their skin when mounting them. Plus the other girls will peck on a bite mark on their necks. I am setting up a area for them in the run so they can heal.

What breed is your rooster? I have heard that you can trim or file down a roosters spur's if you need to.

It sound's like you were lucky to be able to get a good piece of land up there to be able to have that many chicken's after you moved from AZ. I bet your hubby is happy to be able to have bigger egg's for breakfast now. Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby too!

yes we have 3 acres and neighbors are fairly far away so no issues.
Hubby loves the eggs. Haven’t bought store eggs in about 6 months.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby too!

yes we have 3 acres and neighbors are fairly far away so no issues.
Hubby loves the eggs. Haven’t bought store eggs in about 6 months.

Do you still have Hazel? Her 2 sister's are still alive next door to me, but they are molting now.

Back
Top Bottom