Arizona Chickens

I would can it like I did fish up north. Bone the breast meat raw and put it in pint jars. Fry the legs and wings and eat them ASAP. My favorite pressure fryer chicken recipe is good for duck, too. :drool
Duck soup broth with the carcass and then can that in quarts.

I'm going to be looking for some canning supplies this year, because I want to start canning a few thing's that will be shelf stable. I will also be thinning out a bunch of book's off the shelves and boxing those up to make room for the jars of canned good's.
It is more work, but you could roast a chicken and can the cooked, de-boned meat in chicken broth, instant chicken noodle dinner, just add noodles.

maybe you could move too, have a little travel trailer on your friends lot, you could have a lot of chickens on 10 acres!
Oh goodness. I couldn't afford 10 acres. The price is riding steeply here. Our house was purchased in 2016 for 420k and is now worth 650k+. My best friend got 2 acres off coyote springs for 65k. They are county, not pv so she can have chickens for days.

Oh goodness. I couldn't afford 10 acres. The price is riding steeply here. Our house was purchased in 2016 for 420k and is now worth 650k+. My best friend got 2 acres off coyote springs for 65k. They are county, not pv so she can have chickens for days.
Actually, she can have 8 chickens per acre, according to the county. County is pretty restrictive unless you are a farm with over 5 acres.
D. ALLOWED ANIMAL CHART
Allowed Animal Chart
Animal Type
Animals ALLOWED
CATEGORY A – Swine*, Dairy Cow, Bison, Steer/Heifer, Horse or other of similar size/weight
2 PER ACRE or fraction thereof
CATEGORY B - Ostrich, Miniature Horse, Llama, Sheep, Goat, Emu or other of similar size/weight
5 PER ACRE or fraction thereof
CATEGORY C - Turkeys, Peacocks, Geese, Pheasants, Ducks, Pigeons, Chinchillas, Rabbits, Chickens or other of similar size/weight
8 PER ACRE or fraction thereof
Off-spring up to one year of age of on-site animals do not count towards the total. After one year of age animal off-spring count as adult animals. *Swine shall not exceed five (5) total per parcel.

At least they let you keep roosters.

Actually, she can have 8 chickens per acre, according to the county. County is pretty restrictive unless you are a farm with over 5 acres.
D. ALLOWED ANIMAL CHART
Allowed Animal Chart
Animal Type
Animals ALLOWED
CATEGORY A – Swine*, Dairy Cow, Bison, Steer/Heifer, Horse or other of similar size/weight
CATEGORY B - Ostrich, Miniature Horse, Llama, Sheep, Goat, Emu or other of similar size/weight
CATEGORY C - Turkeys, Peacocks, Geese, Pheasants, Ducks, Pigeons, Chinchillas, Rabbits, Chickens or other of similar size/weight
Off-spring up to one year of age of on-site animals do not count towards the total. After one year of age animal off-spring count as adult animals. *Swine shall not exceed five (5) total per parcel.

Better than pv! That's for sure.

Better than pv! That's for sure.
Much better than 2 per acre -- LOL! 8 per acre with a 2 acre min lot is still pretty restrictive. In the city of Prescott, they don't count your chickens. ;) But no roosters. (Do you see any roosters? I don't) :duc Chino Valley is also better for small timers than the county.

D. ALLOWED ANIMAL CHART
Allowed Animal Chart
Animal Type
Animals ALLOWED

wow! last I read it, you couldn't have roosters and you had to have the pen/coop at least 15 ft from the property line for unincorporated yavapai county.

Here are a couple of nice Drakes who could use a new home with some sexy ducks!
I also have some mix breed fertile duck eggs! From these guys and their buddys -- a Rouen and a Buff. I have ducks for those breeds, so those guys get to stay.
The last photo is the flock of 8.

Attachments

• Golden_Cascade.jpg
    Golden_Cascade.jpg
    729.6 KB · Views: 2
  • White_Campbell.jpg
    White_Campbell.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5345.JPG
    IMG_5345.JPG
    933.9 KB · Views: 2

Back