Arizona Chickens

I got more space by switching to a stacking washer/dryer in our (last/final) move. You wouldn't have to move, but maybe if your washer/dryer are older??
That's exactly my plan.. i have my upright freezer across from the washer.. waste of space. There is a new samsung stackable, its slim too, that im planning on purchasing so they can be side by side (freezer/ w&d). I plan on adding upper and lower cabinets in the freed up space.

I got more space by switching to a stacking washer/dryer in our (last/final) move. You wouldn't have to move, but maybe if your washer/dryer are older??
The washer is older, but we just bought a new gas dryer when we moved in here. The laundry is in the bathroom, not where I want my freezer anyway. There are cabinets above, and I use the big old reliable Kenmore washer a lot! Lots of laundry if you have an Air BnB! I even have washable curtains.

I have looked at those smaller chest freezers at Costco, I think one would fit in here in the "Hen Den" under the window. Where I have a temporary duck brooder box right now, LOL. Ducks are getting ready to move out this afternoon, it is 75 degrees today, and the She Shed brooder is heating up. The incubator was getting a little stinky by this morning when the last 3 stragglers came out! All are eating and drinking well now, ready to be ducks -- OUTSIDE!

I have looked at those smaller chest freezers at Costco, I think one would fit in here in the "Hen Den" under the window. Where I have a temporary duck brooder box right now, LOL. Ducks are getting ready to move out this afternoon, it is 75 degrees today, and the She Shed brooder is heating up. The incubator was getting a little stinky by this morning when the last 3 stragglers came out! All are eating and drinking well now, ready to be ducks -- OUTSIDE!
I think someone needs to design an above-the-freezer brooder! maybe affixed to the wall, such that you could lower it to just above the freezer/countertop height to work with the chicks, then push it back up so you could open the freezer.

Somebody left a full sized freezer behind on the porch when I bought the place. Sight now it's holding canned goods. It's ugly but works. They also left one of those large gas grills. OK, but I don't eat meat....
You can grill veggies in foil, I used to have some recipes..I think they were soaked in olive oil and spices overnight first.

Some folks use old freezers to store their chicken feed. Even non-working freezers keep the varmits out. I had a Sears chest freezer in a past life, when I had chickens the first time. Kids, chickens, ducks and geese required the Kenmore 18 Cu Ft model. Now, 2 old people, I think the 5 cu ft one at Costco is looking pretty good. I like to buy the sale salmon, our freezer is full!

Back
Top Bottom