Arizona Chickens

So cut down all the cacti? Because the car alarm didn’t spook them last night (and they are getting through our perimeter fencing somewhere but haven’t found out where yet...)

They are after the cacti for food, and it's probably either breeding season, or they might already be trying to keep thier offspring fed. Like the article said, the sense of smell is better than their eye sight. The nose will lead them to where the food and water sources are even if it happen's to be in your yard. Find out how they are getting in your yard, and block it.

B1A2B3A0-B38F-4213-8021-3A4D5FF7927E.jpeg
My chubby girlfriends. They weigh about 15 lbs and yes, they jump into my lap. I’m afraid they will break their legs. This is what happens if a Cornish Cross makes it past 8 weeks.

View attachment 2624266My chubby girlfriends. They weigh about 15 lbs and yes, they jump into my lap. I’m afraid they will break their legs. This is what happens if a Cornish Cross makes it past 8 weeks.

It look's like they like you too. How is the Dorking group doing?

It look's like they like you too. How is the Dorking group doing?
They hate me. They hide on the opposite side of the cage when I come by, like I’m a wolf or puma. They eat next to nothing, in fact, I doubt they each eat a cup of feed in a day. I have a friend who lives out in the county and he will be taking them. He’s setting up a cage for them and I’m just storing them in my tractor. I am setting up a new run for my chubby girlfriends. Enclosed is a link to my Bitchute channel on the construction of my run.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/rmhBKk0sj2AM/

They hate me. They hide on the opposite side of the cage when I come by, like I’m a wolf or puma. They eat next to nothing, in fact, I doubt they each eat a cup of feed in a day. I have a friend who lives out in the county and he will be taking them. He’s setting up a cage for them and I’m just storing them in my tractor. I am setting up a new run for my chubby girlfriends. Enclosed is a link to my Bitchute channel on the construction of my run.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/rmhBKk0sj2AM/

That's strange, @Geckolady said that her 2 are letting her pet them.

I'm prepping the incubator, too. It's in a different room that's not as warm, and I want the temps and humidity to be perfect to try again. Besides, the girls are laying more eggs than I can eat.

Somebody is selling turkey hatching eggs on Facebook. It's tempting, but I would have no place to keep them and I don't eat meat, so they would be of no use to me. But they look so cool strutting around the yard! Maybe some day I'll get a big one just for fun.

There's lots of clucking and crowing going on as the two groups of chickens check each other out from a distance.

Back
Top Bottom