Arizona Chickens

I think this is the Wildcat Fire 9 mile NE of Chino Valley. Just spotted this when I went out to spray down all the flocks half an hour ago. Rain is coming from North - praying it puts it out and not fans the flames.
20210617_151009.jpg

Some broodies might not accept any that hatched a week after their clutch did, so you would have to keep an eye out on it if you tried.
I'm planning to keep them separate and raise them in the brooder until they're feathered. I will need to sanitize that brooder really well after the problem with the Dorking chicks. Mari wouldn't be raising them, so it shouldn't be a problem, should it?

There are now 16 eggs in the incubator. One of them is dirty, but I put it in there anyway to get to 16. A full incubator! :fl

I think this is the Wildcat Fire 9 mile NE of Chino Valley. Just spotted this when I went out to spray down all the flocks half an hour ago. Rain is coming from North - praying it puts it out and not fans the flames.
View attachment 2723119

Wow, you can't even see the sun! They say that 2 fires joined up, and a fireman was saying that it's unstoppable.

View attachment 2723119
According to the AZ NM Wildfire Information Facebook page, 4 new fires started in AZ today. :(

I'm planning to keep them separate and raise them in the brooder until they're feathered. I will need to sanitize that brooder really well after the problem with the Dorking chicks. Mari wouldn't be raising them, so it shouldn't be a problem, should it?

There are now 16 eggs in the incubator. One of them is dirty, but I put it in there anyway to get to 16. A full incubator! :fl

I had been wondering if any of those Dorking chick's that you bought from that guy were still alive or not.

View attachment 2723119
hopefully the wind will continue to come from the south too, away from CV!

Back
Top Bottom