Arizona Chickens

Wow - thanks this observation - sometimes we forget while we are thinking of the fire danger to ourselves that the wildlife is in danger too. Good to be on the lookout and think of the rolling impact/danger to our flocks.

That's why when I seen it, I thought that I should warn everyone here in this thread. I'm not even close to where most of those fires are happening, and there's no grass and brush in my yard (just dirt), so it would be hard for a fire to jump over here. One of my next-door neighbors has a few taller tree's near their house though.

Along with air flying predator's being able to escape those fires, some other ground predator's that can run fast enough might be able to escape. Those will have to look for a new home, and food/water source.

I'm wondering if it could have been searching for a new home after escaping one of those fire's that's going on?

Along with air flying predator's being able to escape those fires, some other ground predator's that can run fast enough might be able to escape. Those will have to look for a new home, and food/water source.
The exact thought crossed my mind... :(

The last thing we need is more predators. :(

So glad to hear the Minorca will recover!

You mentioned little eggs? Look what the Leghorns did today! They've been eating more watermelon and cucumber than chicken feed the last several days. Maybe they didn't have enough chicken food in their system to lay a normal sized one?

Attachments

• 20210618_140702.jpg
    20210618_140702.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 2
The last thing we need is more predators. :(

So glad to hear the Minorca will recover!

You mentioned little eggs? Look what the Leghorns did today! They've been eating more watermelon and cucumber than chicken feed the last several days. Maybe they didn't have enough chicken food in their system to lay a normal sized one?

That's what they call a fairy egg, I think.

Where are they going to put all of the people that are loosing their home's due to these fire's?
Payson high school is the red cross evac site, per an article on MSN. Pine and some other town are also under the GO order with Strawberry. Hwy 260 is closed to/from camp verde and hwy 87 has closures also, so people hopefully are looking into the closures before they take off.

Payson high school is the red cross evac site, per an article on MSN. Pine and some other town are also under the GO order with Strawberry. Hwy 260 is closed to/from camp verde and hwy 87 has closures also, so people hopefully are looking into the closures before they take off.

Too bad they can't put them up in motel rooms and give them 2 set's of clean towels daily like they are doing for the one's crossing our border.

Back
Top Bottom