Arizona Chickens

I placed them at the end of the run at the opposite end of the coop. Sometimes the nozzle's get clogged, so I bought extra nozzle's so that I can change them out right away. The clogged ones can be soaked in some of the CLR, and be used again later. The reason why I put them down at the opposite end of the run, is so that if by chance the nozzle starts shooting out a stream of water, instead of the mist, it won't be going into the coop itself.
I never thought of that, thanks!

I never thought of that, thanks!

It does help them. I have some in my flock that have the fully feathered neck's too, so I know they are having an even harder time with this heat then the Naked Neck ones are. These are killing temperatures that we are getting now.

It is even hot here in Prescott. We got a little cool down yesterday with a sprinkle of rain, but the clouds are gone now. 🥵 I have been freezing blocks of ice to put in the water dishes in the afternoon. I run the sprinkler early in the morning to dampen the dust bathing spots so that they can cool off. So far the well is still running! getting alost an hour of watering in the morning, and the well water is so cold for the water buckets that I do not have to put ice in it if the well is running. Well water is not good for misters, though. When I have to switch to house water, the misters will come out. The flies are about like to carry me away, though! How are the fly parasites working out, @BlueBaby ?

It is even hot here in Prescott. We got a little cool down yesterday with a sprinkle of rain, but the clouds are gone now. 🥵 I have been freezing blocks of ice to put in the water dishes in the afternoon. I run the sprinkler early in the morning to dampen the dust bathing spots so that they can cool off. So far the well is still running! getting alost an hour of watering in the morning, and the well water is so cold for the water buckets that I do not have to put ice in it if the well is running. Well water is not good for misters, though. When I have to switch to house water, the misters will come out. The flies are about like to carry me away, though! How are the fly parasites working out, @BlueBaby ?

Those must have worked, because I'm not seeing all of those flies like I was before. Even having those fly trap bag's before didn't clear them out before this well. Plus, I have the attractive water moisture from the mister up out there now also.

I'll be ordering more of them if I need to. I don't know how long the life span of these are, and without flies around now, what would they have to eat?
I am wondering how well they survive the heat in AZ. The seller on Amazon says to get more once a month, of course! They only cover about 100 yards, but they might be preying on your neighbor's flies, too! I know that my neighbor's flies can come over here and get in my traps.

those are nice misters. very versatile. I had them in black canyon and my other old place. I replaced several of the nozzles with nozzle plugs to cut down on the water and only have mist where I needed it--near the roost and the nestbox. And I used zip ties to make the nozzles aim where I wanted also . Thanks for the link, I couldn't find them lately, they're much better than the standup mister I bought for our new (bought sept 2020) place!

Sold 3 of the Sandhill pullet chicks yesterday. The cute Exchecquer Leghorn was one of the first picked. Her cockerel is out of here this Tuesday, no meat on that skinny guy. The Dorkings are big, but the Cuckoo Marans cockerel is the biggest. Hatched May 4, already trying to crow! BBQ Marans here in about 4 more weeks. I have 2 Welbar cockerels, one is much larger already, the other could join the Marans on the grill in 4 more weeks, though, they are

I am wondering how well they survive the heat in AZ. The seller on Amazon says to get more once a month, of course! They only cover about 100 yards, but they might be preying on your neighbor's flies, too! I know that my neighbor's flies can come over here and get in my traps.

I don't know, but I suppose they could move next door after they clean out all of your flies. I guess that it could happen, as there are many animal's over here in my neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom