Arizona Chickens

Yes, did not put that, rice to water = 1 cup/jar to 2 of water. In a large pot, ;)! When we get dog food at the store, it is 1/2 ingredients that are not meat. Usually corn. Corn prices are up, now you see the dog food promoting that it is "grain free" using potatoes and carrots. I use rice because I have it, but you could use potatoes, sweet potatoes are good too, any filler we have is better than what the pet food company uses! When I was young and raising my kids we were on food stamps for a while. I just bought the cheapest 10 pound bag of frozen chicken legs, it was .29/pound. Food stamps cover that, but not canned dog food. Dog food at the time was $1.00 for a 14oz can, not even a whole pound, dry food was cheaper, but not covered by food stamp budget. Dogs have been eating our leftovers for all of history up until the last 50 years, my dogs were fine on that diet, as were my kids!
I like the chicken leg's, so I bought those cheap 10 pound bag's. Now it seems that they aren't that cheap anymore and I seen them in 8 pound bag's instead of those 10. When I bought those 10 pound bag's, I would split them up into ziplock baggies and freeze them for later. I wasn't on food stamp's, but I tried to shop wisely anyway's to stretch out my money.

I like the chicken leg's, so I bought those cheap 10 pound bag's. Now it seems that they aren't that cheap anymore and I seen them in 8 pound bag's instead of those 10. When I bought those 10 pound bag's, I would split them up into ziplock baggies and freeze them for later. I wasn't on food stamp's, but I tried to shop wisely anyway's to stretch out my money.
Prices have gone up, and will keep going up. Feed prices have gone up a lot this summer. I just used to cook those frozen legs all at once due to my work schedule. I did not have a lot of time during the week then, so pre-cooked chicken was nice for all! I did not have a big freezer, then either. Cooked, put in a jar, then canned makes for an easy meal. Now, I buy chicken in a can at costco, but it is not as good as a jar of dark leg meat. A lot of things you can make for dinner fast with a can of tuna or chicken.

Prices have gone up, and will keep going up. Feed prices have gone up a lot this summer. I just used to cook those frozen legs all at once due to my work schedule. I did not have a lot of time during the week then, so pre-cooked chicken was nice for all! I did not have a big freezer, then either. Cooked, put in a jar, then canned makes for an easy meal. Now, I buy chicken in a can at costco, but it is not as good as a jar of dark leg meat. A lot of things you can make for dinner fast with a can of tuna or chicken.

Yes, and there are several factor's in those higher prices. For one thing, the value of the dollar has shrunk.

yes the dollar is shrinking by the day! I'm seeing quite a few empty shelves in stores also.
When the news starts telling me to wear a mask even though I have been vaccinated, I do start to worry. We are stocked -- the last episode in March 2020 educated me. TP up the ying yang over here! :lau Not to mention canning jars that I like. Oh, and rice, that was out of stock at Costco, something I could not believe! Got Rice?

Back
Top Bottom