Arizona Chickens

Even with this one,, I'm only RICH by name. :idunno :gig
I have a pterodactyl pet, but only one, a hen. Trying to cross with my rooster,,, but no success yet.
View attachment 2785591View attachment 2785592

When we HAM out,,,, we freeze the leftover, in individual baggies, and use as needed in smaller quantities..:drool:drool:drool,,, Just checked,,:frow, no ham left:(

From what I read,,, the quality problem was associated with the glass breaking, in the newer jars. (during the boiling to seal process) Peeps using very old jars (grandmas stash) just kept using over, and over with good results. Not sure if it is due to the glass composition, or just thin glass. :idunno This info came from reading the gardening thread, during the canning season. (last year)
Are you going to sell some hatching eggs from that pair?

Chickens are a perfect waste food recycle unit! If it is not moldy, any left overs we do not want any more my chickens get it!
Mine too. I'm making spaghetti with meat sauce tonight for my DH, my dog Buster, and me. Any left over's the chicken's will get tomorrow chopped up in some wet feed.

Speaking of monsters, the three little Leghorns are pretty flighty. I haven't held them much, and just expected them to act similar to their parents. They are cute, though.

Work has been happening on the big coop. Yesterday I cut and pounded down about 50 sharp screws and nails that were sticking out inside the coop and a danger to the chickens. Today I finished the paint job. Next comes replacing the door with something that lets air flow through and attaching the run. Then in go the chickens, and the little Leghorns move into either the tractor or the coop where their parents are right now. They're four weeks old today, and it's still a little cold at night for them to be outside.

Speaking of monsters, the three little Leghorns are pretty flighty. I haven't held them much, and just expected them to act similar to their parents. They are cute, though.

Work has been happening on the big coop. Yesterday I cut and pounded down about 50 sharp screws and nails that were sticking out inside the coop and a danger to the chickens. Today I finished the paint job. Next comes replacing the door with something that lets air flow through and attaching the run. Then in go the chickens, and the little Leghorns move into either the tractor or the coop where their parents are right now. They're four weeks old today, and it's still a little cold at night for them to be outside.
Young Leghorns, especially roosters, can be a handfull! Always getting out of the run, chasing other chickens, fighting with each other. Full of it! I trim wings on the Leghorns and they can still fly over the 4' fence and up to the 5' perch.

Back
Top Bottom