Arizona Chickens

Well that was an interesting thread, my husband got camp ones so they are in a tin with a lid since we have young kids I don't want messing in them and it's hard for me to open them. Good to know some chickens try to eat it, I'll never leave them open unattended. I guess that's one perk of baby proofing, it'll roll over to chicken proofing lol. I guess that means no using them on that side of the yard.
I guess that you found the answer there that you were looking for then? I tried to google search it for you and seen that link that lead right back here to BYC. ;)

I guess that you found the answer there that you were looking for then? I tried to google search it for you and seen that link that lead right back here to BYC. ;)
Another poster said citronella is toxic to chickens, I imagine breathing the fumes isn't the same as eating it like that post but I'd rather not accidentally poison them.

.9 inches of rain in an hour yesterday late afternoon. So looks like no work outside today or tomorrow. Out of the 8 coops I am building, 2 are done, 3 are halfway and I have three left to start. I am building them as one long unit and each coop shares a wall with the next, so in a sense I am building a 8 x 80 coop.
Nice! There's coop work going on here too, but nothing that large. Want to come over and help? ;)

Still no pips from the egg in the incubator.

@CaroleW Here's something that might interest you, because sometime's there's just not enough room in the freezer.:

https://flockjourney.com/how-to-safely-can-poultry-meat/
The raw pack method mentioned here is what I have done with duck breast meat in the past. I pressure cook the chicken I am canning, and de-bone it. I don't want to waste jar space for bones. I cook it all the way, it is falling off the bone. Then, pack it in the pint wide mouth jar and cover with the broth from the cooker while it's still hot. This is easier with 2 pressure cookers, but I just swished out the cooker and put the hot jars in it when I only had one. The jars do not have to be pre-heated, just use water the same temp as the jars. Room temp jars, room temp water to begin with. The cooker will just take a little longer to get up to pressure.

Back
Top Bottom