Arizona Chickens

You have 2 empty coop's? Whatever will you fill them up with now? :gig
I now have flex space for the up and coming juvenile's - I don't have to throw anybody into the adult pens right away. I plan to brood juvenile's differently in the future (outside soon as practical in the adult flocks with a separator and then exclusion door). I didn't get that together in time for this bunch.

Then I can hatch earlier next year!

I now have flex space for the up and coming juvenile's - I don't have to throw anybody into the adult pens right away. I plan to brood juvenile's differently in the future (outside soon as practical in the adult flocks with a separator and then exclusion door). I didn't get that together in time for this bunch.

Then I can hatch earlier next year!
Ok. So you don't need anymore NN's that are not related to what you already have there?

Ok. So you don't need anymore NN's that are not related to what you already have there?
You know I'm just beginning to breed them so I don't even know what I'll need yet. At some point I will need to bring in some good unrelated genetics. Can't add any this year - too much uncertainty in extended family and work realms right now.

Speaking about chicken's, how is everyone's flock's doing now? Mine are doing ok down here, and I still have those 3 pullet's here that I was wanting to sell.
Mine are molting. I'm getting 1-2 eggs/day from the 4 hens. The one who stopped first, hardly looks like she's molting, all still have fairly bright combs but 2 combs are fading a little. They're eating more weeds and bugs than food too, but I'll take insect patrol over eggs any day!

You know I'm just beginning to breed them so I don't even know what I'll need yet. At some point I will need to bring in some good unrelated genetics. Can't add any this year - too much uncertainty in extended family and work realms right now.
Ok, and I also have 2 Lakeshore Egger's, and that Aloha (girl's).

Mine are molting. I'm getting 1-2 eggs/day from the 4 hens. The one who stopped first, hardly looks like she's molting, all still have fairly bright combs but 2 combs are fading a little. They're eating more weeds and bugs than food too, but I'll take insect patrol over eggs any day!
They need more protein when they are molting. It takes protein to grow back the feather's so what protein they are getting now is being used for that instead of making the egg's.

Back
Top Bottom