Arizona Chickens

Haven't been around for a while but the wife keeps asking when the 6 girls are going to start laying again. Its been close to 6 weeks since they went on strike. None look like they are molting much if at all. The seventh an EE has not stopped laying. Any thoughts. North Phoenix.
How old are they, and what breed or breed's are they?

EE is almost 2yr and still laying, 5 are 1 yr and one is 7 months. Cant remember the breeds but some were laying brown eggs, some brown with dark brown spots. They all came from Pet Food Depot.
Mine are on strike, too. :(

Yesterday when I cleaned the big coop, I found a large brown feather outside the the run. It was too big for one of my chickens, and the wrong color. This morning before 5 am, I took the dogs out and the owl was hooting again. So far I haven't see it, only heard it, so I don't know what type of owl it is, but it has been hanging around. The run is too sturdy for it to get through.

EE is almost 2yr and still laying, 5 are 1 yr and one is 7 months. Cant remember the breeds but some were laying brown eggs, some brown with dark brown spots. They all came from Pet Food Depot.
Ok, so they aren't very old yet. I gave a couple of link's yesterday to some recipes that help with the molting.

Mine are on strike, too. :(

Yesterday when I cleaned the big coop, I found a large brown feather outside the the run. It was too big for one of my chickens, and the wrong color. This morning before 5 am, I took the dogs out and the owl was hooting again. So far I haven't see it, only heard it, so I don't know what type of owl it is, but it has been hanging around. The run is too sturdy for it to get through.
That owl must have a home nearby.

Well, I discovered something today that might help somebody. :) My van was parked in the parking lot of the grocery store, and when I came out, there was a line of white paint on its side. :( Fortunately, not dents or creasing. I tried to rub the paint off but that didn't work, and water didn't help. For some weird reason, I took a tube of lip balm (Open Nature beeswax lip balm) and put a little on my finger and rubbed the paint. The white paint came off really easily. I don't know if it was the beeswax or what, but it worked great.

Well, I discovered something today that might help somebody. :) My van was parked in the parking lot of the grocery store, and when I came out, there was a line of white paint on its side. :( Fortunately, not dents or creasing. I tried to rub the paint off but that didn't work, and water didn't help. For some weird reason, I took a tube of lip balm (Open Nature beeswax lip balm) and put a little on my finger and rubbed the paint. The white paint came off really easily. I don't know if it was the beeswax or what, but it worked great.
If it can do that to paint, I'm wondering what it does to your lip's.

Back
Top Bottom