Arizona Chickens

Just wanted to share... This makes me smile whenever I see it! :D

Except for 5 eggs that we've already eaten, these are our "first eggs!" We've been getting 2 a day for the past 6 days! The Novagens are the ones laying. (Nothing yet from the other pullets.)

What a beautiful site!!! :love

Attachments

• eggs lr.jpg
    eggs lr.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 0
Just wanted to share... This makes me smile whenever I see it! :D

Except for 5 eggs that we've already eaten, these are our "first eggs!" We've been getting 2 a day for the past 6 days! The Novagens are the ones laying. (Nothing yet from the other pullets.)

What a beautiful site!!! :love
Those egg's will add up quick for sure! I need to boil up some more of mine, as I have 6 1/2 dozen in the bottom drawer of my fridge right now.

I have 5 chick's in the brooder now, and 7 in the incubator drying off so that I can add them to the brooder.

I had to rescue my yard birds in hoop coops on Saturday - it started thundering so told DH to stop his building project. Then I got the broody hen (I'm trying to break) and the chicks from their hoop coops to a protected area.

It started raining and didn't stop for hours - then we look outside and pea sized hail is all over the deck. We also got about 1.5" rain according to my neighbor's digital rain guage (it doesn't measure the hail). She said a friend just down the road got no hail and hardly any rain.
IMG_20221001_154720864.jpg

Oh and I saw a puddle with (what i thought was) a leftover hail drift early early Sunday morning. When I took another look on Monday afternoon - It was a bunch of white chicken feathers, I passed the clearly identifiable chicken foot and more feathers a little farther down the lane.

As soon as I pulled in my drive I took a tour to see if I still had my white roo - yes he is still here! I can see coyote scat on my drive that has clearly been eating a steady diet of cats and now I believe at least 1 of the neighbor's chickens. I've warned them a few times now about the 3 coyotes (one lame with only 3 good legs) stalking easy prey on the lane.

I had to rescue my yard birds in hoop coops on Saturday - it started thundering so told DH to stop his building project. Then I got the broody hen (I'm trying to break) and the chicks from their hoop coops to a protected area.

It started raining and didn't stop for hours - then we look outside and pea sized hail is all over the deck. We also got about 1.5" rain according to my neighbor's digital rain guage (it doesn't measure the hail). She said a friend just down the road got no hail and hardly any rain.
View attachment 3279537
Wow! I'm glad that you got them protected before that hail came down and hit them!

Oh and I saw a puddle with (what i thought was) a leftover hail drift early early Sunday morning. When I took another look on Monday afternoon - It was a bunch of white chicken feathers, I passed the clearly identifiable chicken foot and more feathers a little farther down the lane.

As soon as I pulled in my drive I took a tour to see if I still had my white roo - yes he is still here! I can see coyote scat on my drive that has clearly been eating a steady diet of cats and now I believe at least 1 of the neighbor's chickens. I've warned them a few times now about the 3 coyotes (one lame with only 3 good legs) stalking easy prey on the lane.
Be careful of that coyote. When it get's done eating all of those cat's, it could start trying to figure out how to get your flock.

Wow! I'm glad that you got them protected before that hail came down and hit them!
YES- I have 2 weather apps - Weatherbug that can tell me how close the lightening strikes are and Weather Underground that has all the weather stations logged in from neighbors and tells storm tracks with hail and flooding percentage with a particular storm cell track.

If not for those I would just be looking out the window and not know much except immediate conditions.

Be careful of that coyote. When it get's done eating all of those cat's, it could start trying to figure out how to get your flock.
I've been beefing up my runs little by little with expanded metal panels (used for stucco systems). I need to do some more! Unfortunately, panel cost has gone way up since we started using them years ago. After each attack I usually tell DH to pick up a couple more on the way home.

I've been beefing up my runs little by little with expanded metal panels (used for stucco systems). I need to do some more! Unfortunately, panel cost has gone way up since we started using them years ago. After each attack I usually tell DH to pick up a couple more on the way home.
Yes, it seems that everything is getting more expensive now. We drove by a gas station on Friday and the diesel gas was cheaper then the regular gas was. That in itself is unusual, because the diesel usually cost's more then the regular gas. We have 2 vehicles over here, and the Ram takes diesel, but the Cherokee takes regular. I guess that we can use the truck more for awhile.

I'm glad that this hatch is over now. I will be hatching from my hen's in the spring, and all of these pullet's that just hatched will be giving me those beginner pullet egg's for Buster's med's by then.

Yes, it seems that everything is getting more expensive now. We drove by a gas station on Friday and the diesel gas was cheaper then the regular gas was. That in itself is unusual, because the diesel usually cost's more then the regular gas. We have 2 vehicles over here, and the Ram takes diesel, but the Cherokee takes regular. I guess that we can use the truck more for awhile.

I'm glad that this hatch is over now. I will be hatching from my hen's in the spring, and all of these pullet's that just hatched will be giving me those beginner pullet egg's for Buster's med's by then.
I know! Gas went back up to almost $5 again in Mesa. I usually just wait to get it in Mayer but the usually overpriced Shell station in Dewey/humboldt was cheaper at 3.99 today (and Prescot Airport even cheaper at 3.89) after I had already filled up. I'd check prices but my smart phone is dumb anymore since 5G.

How many male/female did you hatch this time?

Back
Top Bottom