Arizona Chickens

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to put this...
My recent batch of chicks is showing 2 roos so far. I'm in Tucson and have no idea where I can take them. We had 1 roo in our last batch which we were able to give to a friend but they have 2 roos now and cant take any more. Id really like for them to go to a nice home/sanctuary. Any info/help would be great.

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to put this...
My recent batch of chicks is showing 2 roos so far. I'm in Tucson and have no idea where I can take them. We had 1 roo in our last batch which we were able to give to a friend but they have 2 roos now and cant take any more. Id really like for them to go to a nice home/sanctuary. Any info/help would be great.
Rooster's are hard to rehome as most people that want or can have a rooster already have what they need and the extra's go for Sunday dinner.

Pretty sure now my NN/Bielefelder is a roo. May just be the cross of breeds (NN seem more independent/feisty than Bielefelder chicks) but demeanor is more roo-like also. The other NN/B cross (most blonde one in background of pic 2) doesn't seem very roo-like yet.

IMG_20220929_173532862.jpg IMG_20220929_173650212.jpg

Pretty sure now my NN/Bielefelder is a roo. May just be the cross of breeds (NN seem more independent/feisty than Bielefelder chicks) but demeanor is more roo-like also. The other NN/B cross (most blonde one in background of pic 2) doesn't seem very roo-like yet.

View attachment 3276219View attachment 3276218
Yes, that comb does seem a bit too big for at this age. In the top picture the wattles seem to have already started to drop. Being naked neck help's to show those wattles better. If it is a cockerel, it can be bred back to those pure Bielefelder pullet's. Those pullet's were from my Chicago shipped egg's, so they will be ok to breed together.

Back
Top Bottom