Arizona Chickens

No. Just bit (& shook?) her head & left her there. There was blood a few feet away in 2 directions. Haven't figured that out.
If our security cameras were better, we would have been able to better see what happened.
I'm glad of that...dogs that have eaten from their kill are the worst to trust after I think. They'll go to great lengths to do it again. Hopefully he'll be ok then.
It seems that some hatcheries have been cancelling peoples order's because of bad weather and some had the electricity shortages. I was reading what people are saying about it here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ing-customers-to-the-end-of-the-line.1562129/
That's good to know. I have an order in for April... hope there's no problems with it.

I'm glad I don't need to mail order chicks this year. I warned a friend (who may order or hatch for homeshooling project) about possible disruptions for other reasons. I didn't think of polar vortex being the cause to cancel USPS flights.
At least my hatching egg's from Mississippi made it over here ok yesterday. They were well packed in that foam, and double boxed. They sent me 14 egg's and none were broken.

What did you order?
Silver Spangled Hamburgs 😃. Hoping they'll be my ideal, perfect chickens. My dwarfs are beautiful and great layers, but want to go broody and get pouty over egg collecting. My Yokohama's are beautiful poor layers. Hoping the hamburgs will be beautiful, good layers that don't go broody often and don't pout about egg collecting.

Silver Spangled Hamburgs 😃. Hoping they'll be my ideal, perfect chickens. My dwarfs are beautiful and great layers, but want to go broody and get pouty over egg collecting. My Yokohama's are beautiful poor layers. Hoping the hamburgs will be beautiful, good layers that don't go broody often and don't pout about egg collecting.
Good luck, and I hope that they will work out for you!

My only SS Hamburg ended up being cross-beaked starting about 7-8 weeks. Got her from Murray McMurray Hatchery in 2020. She is still living and maybe lays an egg every once in a while but she is last one in coop at nite since she is still eating when she doesn't have to compete with everyone else already roosting.

I hope yours turns out good, just letting you know my (limited) experience in case you are getting them from same place.

My only SS Hamburg ended up being cross-beaked starting about 7-8 weeks. Got her from Murray McMurray Hatchery in 2020. She is still living and maybe lays an egg every once in a while but she is last one in coop at nite since she is still eating when she doesn't have to compete with everyone else already roosting.

I hope yours turns out good, just letting you know my (limited) experience in case you are getting them from same place.
I am getting them through Murray's too. Fingers crossed these are healthy babies. Everything I read makes them sound like I might love them. Smaller sized, regular layers that rarely set. And spots...I have a thing for spotted chickens 😂.
I ordered 4 roos, 10 hens and one Yokohama red shoulder, just because I don't have any yokos from them yet. Hopefully enough to have at least a few decent birds. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom