Arizona Chickens

Hi all! I've been afk nursing a puppy with parvo. He's on the mend and begining to recover. I haven't had time or energy to catch up on posts and still have a lot of disinfecting to do so it'll be a while yet.

Just wanted to pop in quick, say hi and hope everyone's doing well ❤️
Poor little puppy. Give it a hug for me.

Just took a picture of the 3 little Welsh Harlequin quacker's a bit ago.

Ducklings 1.jpg

Duckling's 2.jpg

I'm glad that they are making you happy. How are the Biel's doing?
They are doing well. Hubby likes how gentle they are when they're being hand fed treats. Unlike my EEs, they've never gone broody. Twice now, though, I've found one of their eggs laying on the ground in the run. Hopefully it's just an anomaly.
I love how plump those girls are!

I shouldn't have mentioned my EEs. All 3 are now broody! :idunno
The breaker crate is rather full, lol.
They want you to have more babies. :gig
Maybe my next door neighbor's broody hen called your girls.

Edited to add that when I brought the 8 chick's over there, he put them in a grow out pen inside of his coop and run. The broody no longer sits in the nest box. She's up and walking in circles around where the chick's are at chattering away to them. She chases the other hen's away if they get too close to the chick's.

Last edited:
Edited to add that when I brought the 8 chick's over there, he put them in a grow out pen inside of his coop and run. The broody no longer sits in the nest box. She's up and walking in circles around where the chick's are at chattering away to them. She chases the other hen's away if they get too close to the chick's.
That's adorable!! What a good (surrogate) momma!

Back
Top Bottom