Arizona Chickens

Hi everyone.
frow.gif

I am sorry for not stopping in more often but I have been terribly busy. I stopped in today to let you guys know that my aviary building is for sale. I am asking 400 dollars cash and you remove it. (HINT: If you bring a sharpie marker and a helper you can just number the pieces as you go and put it back together like legos when you arrive at your location.) I can't move it for you. You must have your own screw gun/drill and helper. The entire thing is held together with hex head metal screws so it will come apart and stack nicely on a truck or trailer. I will be kind enough to smile, converse, and bring you big tall glasses of ice water the entire time you are here though.
big_smile.png

If you have not been here the entire building is made out of metal garage door sections and stucco wire. It has six doors so you can leave it one big huge aviary or use the wire to make it in to as many as six sections. The building is APPROX. 50 FOOT LONG BY 17 FOOT DEEP BY 7 FOOT TALL. I perfer this over coops because the chickens can be free without pooping on my stuff.

I am also going to be selling all the chicken stuff. I will have brooders for sale as well.

If you are interested or would like to make a time to come by and see the building in person please contact me via private message here on byc. My major cross streets are 35th ave and Deer Valley Rd in the Northwest Valley.

If this building is not sold it will be going to scrap metal recyclers. I wanted to give my fellow chicken lovers a chance at it before its crushed. The price is not negotiable. 400 dollars takes it.

thanks.

Wow Vanessa... so you are done with chickens???

I so wish I could buy it and put it on my cement slab where my kids vert ramp is at present. It would just be too much work and too time consuming and my wife would have a fit anyway.

Tucson Tofu...

Hey no report from the last six eggs in the incubator. I'm PMing you.

No Mahonri I am not done with chickens. I could never be done with them LOL. I am moving and it can't go with me. Texas is too far to make more than one trip.
big_smile.png

I am selling my three brooder boxes too. They are kinda nice. They have light sockets with switches and hardware cloth bottoms. They are approx 3 ft tall by 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. 50 dollars each and I have one little unheated out pen that is 3x3x4 for 30 bucks. It's all got to go. I am terribly sad and terribly happy all at the same time.

Tucson Tofu: Wow, I don't know what to say! Have you looked in to AHCCCS? I don't know what it would cover but it may at least be worth looking in to. We're hoping the best for you.

DM: Woohoo! Congratulations. We're looking for a place in Queen Creek as well. I wish I knew where my dad always bought our chickens while I was growing up, but I don't know if it's even still around. I'll have to ask him.

Gallo: That is so cool. I'm really impressed! If you decide to sell them I'll keep that in mind if we ever need one.

Mahonri! I forgot to call my friend today until it was too late. I'm sending her an email. I'm dying to know if they hatched!
big_smile.png

SchizoSkittles: I almost wish we qualified for AHCCCS. We make a bit too much to qualify, but at least they couldn't make it such a pain in the butt and would probably have to cover pre-existing conditions.

Gallo: I'm still in love with the feeder, it is even fancier than the $99 ebay one! You really really should sell them!

ArizonaNessa: Texas! Are you bringing your chickens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Becky ~ I PM'd you back
tongue.png

Tofu ~ I am originally from Texas. I was considering taking my girls because frankly they are family BUT my husband has some serious stuff going on with his back and the chickens will be paying for getting that fixed. A very generous gentleman in our church is a chiropractor and he offered to give my husband unlimited sessions to correct his back and neck problems for free. Him and his wife love the eggs that they have been getting from us twice a week and they are interested in having their own chickens. We decided to finish up a large coop and instead of selling it we are going to take it and our girls and deliver them for payment. It will be a surprise but they have two small children and I just know in my heart that girls need to go to them. Things could change but as of right now this is the plan. If this falls through for some reason I will be taking pics of each one, writing up the history on each bird and posting it here for you guys. I will take them with me before I put them on craigslist. They are my heart and each one is special to me.

ArizonaNessa, that was a touching story. I'm sorry about the upheavals you're going through. You must derive some comfort knowing your birds will be well cared for and well loved. If you get a chance to tell the story of each bird, I'm sure it will be a treat for us all here. Good luck with your move.

This is a good thing folks. While I love Arizona I love my family too. This move is the best thing for us. I will still come here to this thread and visit. I know my birds will go to happy homes no matter what and life will move on. I now have pics of the brooders for sale and have changed my mind. I am asking 40 for each brooder and 25 for the little isolation pen. I don't want to waste space in a very fast moving thread so if you are interested please PM me
frow.gif

Edited to add: I also have metal feeders, bucket feeders, heat lamp things, and I am selling all the brick on the property as well for 50 cents each. None of it has mortar. Cinder blocks, paver stones, stepping stones. Most of these sell for a buck or better a piece at home depot or lowes. Just thought I would throw that out there. All the money is to pay for the gas to get to where we are going. I will be doing a huge yard sale in a few weeks and I will let you guys know. What I don't sell online will be in the sale.
big_smile.png

OH I almost forgot. I have literally a ton of styrofoam sheeting and styrofoam beams for free. It came from a stucco company originally. Take a little or take a lot. It's all got to go.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom