Arizona Chickens

Quote:
Laree I just gotta say, I'm really happy to have you back on here! I missed your humor, and (of course) your knowledge and chicken-enabling!!
lol.png

Have a great Friday everyone!

I met up with Bob and handed Jayne over. I was sorry to see him go, but I'm glad that he's going to a good home.

Happy Friday, everyone!!!

We are starting to get a few more eggs than we have been getting.
wee.gif

The other night, my DS took 4 eggs out of the pen and sat them down while he went to do something else. After he was done, he went to get the eggs and there was only 1 left. My dog ate 3 of the eggs.
hit.gif
My DS was so mad!
somad.gif

We usually give my dog the cracked eggs, but since the low count of eggs lately, there haven't been any eggs for him.

Bob's Henhouse, I'm sorry to hear of your loss due to mites. It is amazing what kind of damage they can do. I haven't actually lost any due to mites, but have had a couple of really sick chickens because of them, and the recovery is long. Good luck on defeating them, it will happen!
thumbsup.gif

Have a great weekend everyone! I am finally going to get my Christmas stuff out tomorrow.
ya.gif

Angie

AzKat, thank you for the rooster, he's gorgeous. I tried to introduce him to the flock, and being the new kid on the block he thought he had to take on everyone at once, or they thought they all had to take him on. Either way, I had to segregate him for a while. Maybe I can put a few hens in a pen with him for a little while, and maybe add a rooster a little at a time. He is so gentle with me, but doesn't play well with others at the moment. Only child syndrome?
lol.png

Anyone have luck adding a new roo to a flock? Mahonri's seemed to acclimate well, but he was quite a bit smaller. (and had been around other roos)

a2ms4chickens, thank you. I had no idea either. I think the mites did more damage because the chicks were only a few weeks old.

5pinkarrows, my coop sounds more impressive than it is. only the 2X4's and plywood were new, ok, and the chicken wire. The windows came out of my old house before they tore it down, the roof tiles were leftover from this house, the door was from the old house. The nesting boxes were made from scrap wood. From what I've seen chickens would rather find something they can call their own than have you make something nice for them
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Congratulations! Isn't that first egg the best feeling? We just got our second egg today, and my son dropped it on the way to the kitchen. It was so sad, you'd have thought we just lost a family member.

Quote:
Congratulations! Isn't that first egg the best feeling? We just got our second egg today, and my son dropped it on the way to the kitchen. It was so sad, you'd have thought we just lost a family member.

Sorry...not sure why this just double posted...

Last edited:
Quote:
Laree I just gotta say, I'm really happy to have you back on here! I missed your humor, and (of course) your knowledge and chicken-enabling!!
lol.png

Thanks. It is nice to be appreciated. You know, by people who don't think I am a crazy redneck.

Or, at least, people who appreciate my brand of red-neckiness.

Back
Top Bottom