Arizona Chickens

Quote:
Hit em high & hit em low!
smack.gif

Yea Meg!!! I hope it works!!!

Anyone interested in a Blue Ameraucana? She is from show lines, from this lady Pam in Goodyear who raises them for showing. If you went to the State Fair, most of the Ameraucanas in the show were her birds. I'm really irritated because this is the fourth one I've had, and now I finally get a girl, and she has to start picking on the Seramas - chasing them and not stopping. She never gets into tussles with the full size chickens, just the Seramas since they have started molting. I think it started because she could see the skin on my frizzled seramas head when she started to molt. It's not fair to have to pen up the seramas because one full size is being a brat. She should start laying any day, she hatched April 9th ... it also stinks to find her a home and never have gotten one blue egg
rant.gif
I just can't have a standard that is picking on the seramas. PM me if you are interested.

She is the Ameraucana in front.
I might not be back on until tomorrow, have a migraine - yuck!
80800_img_3160.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
mikey

will you keep us posted on the progress of your chickies on this new feed? i decided not to order it for various reasons, i am happy with my manna pro(except that sometimes they run out)but am just curious how the chickens will do on this corn and soy free feed. oh wait, you don't have layers yet. drat.

And I do not believe I got the soy free. As a matter of fact, I think I ordered the wrong stuff.

When I saw the list it said: 17% Broiler / chick finisher - the noob thought this was good for either Broilers or the later stages of chicks before they start to lay.

Evidently it is for finishing broiler chicks.
hu.gif

I'm sure it will be OK as I have seen so many posts about all the various & sundry junque people feed thier chickens (mostly from me though
gig.gif
)

Tracy got 1/2 ton (literally) of layer - we'll have to keep an eye on her...

Will keep you posted...

It should be fine. It is basically a grower that will help prevent broilers from growing too rapidly.

Quote:
The easy way for them to get around it is to write the code so that it is based upon actual lot size. That is how Tempe determines the number of livestock are allowed per lot inthe Ag district.

Also, FWIW, unless your HOA has been specifically given jurisdiction to enforce Gilbert zoning ordinances, they do not have authority to do so.

Quote:
Put some blukote on the serama, and crate the ameraucana inside the coop so that she cannot get to the serama, but can see and hear them. Try that for sevedral days, and see if it makes a difference.

Quote:
Put some blukote on the serama, and crate the ameraucana inside the coop so that she cannot get to the serama, but can see and hear them. Try that for sevedral days, and see if it makes a difference.

I'll try putting the Ameraucana in the small coop. Marilyn (the serama) doesn't have any red on her head anymore, I think the Ameracauan (Beatrice) just figured out that she would run from her after the first time she pecked her, and now chases her every time she sees her. I'll try segregating Beatrice though.

I spent the day up north in New River with Stephen Fowler, a fellow helping me with the Aloha project. We did a MASSIVE culling!

He now has about 14 cute tiny Aloha hens to re-home, available now. He's going to put up a Craigslist ad for them very soon, but call him at 623-465-0458 and give him a call if you're interested. These are CULLS so no problem if anyone wants a few as just cute little laying hens. I don't know what he's going to charge for the hens, and he also has a ton of roosters to re-home. Wanted to give BYC'ers a heads-up before the Craigslist ad goes up. Contact him if you see anything here that you like:

StephensAlohasculls02.jpg

StephensAlohasculls09.jpg

StephensAlohasculls04.jpg

These do not need to be used as breeders (though they could be used in an Aloha breeding program.) However, they would be cute little backyard hens as pets, too!
smile.png

Ok, so my coop is cleaner than the day it was built and the chickens are dusted. As for Blackie, her condition hasn't changed. I talked to my vet today and he concurred with me, yolk peritonitis. He mentioned ascities, too.
hit.gif
. Soooooo...I'm going to leave her be and she'll either get better, or she'll get worse. I'm so upset! I just love the BCM breed, but I cant keep them alive. Anyone want a non-laying, lice-infested Marans hen?
lol.png
Dont worry Dar, I won't let her suffer and I'll do all I can to keep her comfortable. If you want to take a look at her, pm me. I can take her to you, too, if you want.

Have you tried a probiotic solution and cider vinegar??? When my guys get droopy that has always been the first thing I have done. Also oregano oil on her feed if she will tolerate it???

As much fluid as you can get into her, flavoring the water??? the more fluids the more flush in all areas of the body!

Good luck with her!

Back
Top Bottom