Arizona Chickens

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Only you Tracy

No...I had that happen a couple of weeks ago, except it was a white pullet, not a rooster. Except for the red earlobes, looks like a leghorn. Turns out a neighbor kid rescued it from being run over (it was in the middle of the street) in the neighborhood next to us. She has horses in the stall next to my chickens, so she put the chicken in with mine. It's still there.

Quote:
Thanks Gallo. The leaves are cut out from 2 sheets at a time, de-slagged & edge welded (Oxy/acet), with a small ~5/8" un-welded area left on the bottom. The un-welded area is hammered/chiseled open and a pipe is welded to it. It is put into a forge & heated to orange. Then a bit of compressed air while held between 2 plates (to keep it from turning into a balloon) & the rest is history. A really cool process & I'm glad I finally have a legit purpose for the forge I built!
lol.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Only you Tracy

No...I had that happen a couple of weeks ago, except it was a white pullet, not a rooster. Except for the red earlobes, looks like a leghorn. Turns out a neighbor kid rescued it from being run over (it was in the middle of the street) in the neighborhood next to us. She has horses in the stall next to my chickens, so she put the chicken in with mine. It's still there.

I thought I'd recently read something about a found leghorn.

Happy Boxing Day. The day we take some 'things' back. And I'm gonna try and get as far as I can up the trail today.

All of my brown egg layers laid yesterday!

I'm going to be rehoming my BSL, my GCM and my PWLeghorn. (all two years old and I only get 3 eggs a week from each)

I'll be selling my SLW and my NH and Prod. Red as well. (good layers)

... gotta make room for the little new ones.

Quote:
I know Joel David was looking for some layers a while back. he sent me a pm that he may be ready after christmas( i USED to have plenty to offer), but not anymore. maybe give him a shout out? i am going to keep my remaining 14, still have 2 that are freeloading. plus the plethera of silkie babies and 2month olds!
wee.gif

As if I didn't have every bird in Gilbert in my shady tree, I am now feeding all the sparrows in Arizona. I should have listened to the advice of getting the treadle feeder. DH is looking at the plans; but I am wondering is there anyone who sells them for a decent price?

Back
Top Bottom