Arizonans- Where are you??

Ricochet Ranch

Rest in Peace 1957-2007
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Ok, where are my fellow AZ folks from BYC?? Come join the fun over here, too!

I live in S.E. AZ, in Hereford, near Sierra Vista. I have 39 chickens, 6 goats and 2 dogs. All living fat and happy in the High Desert!
Peace, Penny

My brother moved from CA to AZ and is bummed that his HOA in Mesa won't allow chickens. He actually had chickens before I did and got me hooked on them. Now all he can do is listen to my cool chicken tails with a jealous heart!
tongue.png

Phoenix, AZ checking in here!

We are newbies, but have silkies, Americaunas, millifleurs, polish crested, bantam brahmas, and a couple of mutt chickens, but good layers.

Two peacocks, fourty indian fantail pigeons, two potbellied pigs and five cats.

Mark and Becky

Hello,
I am just outside of Kingman, AZ , perched on a hill, our unincorporated town is called Golden Valley.
I have just three hens, an EE, a Lakenvelder, and a great big black one (Don't know the breed, but she lays Huge brown eggs.) We are considering a couple more, since all our 4-H friends are placing orders now.

Wow......I finally decided to look here for fellow Arizonans. I should have looked sooner, I guess. I'm in Cottonwood, about 100 miles north of Phoenix. Less than 20 miles from Sedona, and about 15 miles from the ghost town of Jerome. I can see Sedona and Jerome from my yard, though.

I have a little flock of 21 different breeds, mostly Black Australorps, a black lab, a shih-tzu, a tortie cat that out-weighs the shih, two guinea pigs, a rabbit, and about a million gamble quail and chipmonks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in central Phoenix, because of zoning restrictions I can only have 5 hens and no roosters, though I hear plenty of roosters not too far away. Right now I have 8 week old Americaunas, a RIR and a Blue Andalusian. I was originally concerned about the 115 degree temps here, but I've talked to several people that say so long as you give them shade and plenty of water, it's not a problem. Anyone else have any comments on that?

I'm in Kingman, Az on 22 acres and my wife and I just finished building our new house about a year ago.

Rebuilt a 1952 AC tractor and now on to my animals.

I just received 17 White Leghorns and in 3 weeks we are going to adopt 2 Burros. Heaven help us......LOL

Hi, Rachel

My coop and hen house are shaded by some OLD paradise trees. We just put a fruitless mulberry in to help shade the area in the future. I plan to put another one or two trees down there, too. Last summer, when it would get reeeeally hot, I would go down and spray the outdoor area and outter walls of the house with the garden hose. The girls loved that because it would help attract bugs, but it also gave them cool dirt to bathe in. I'm lucky that I'm able to be here during the day to do that.

Back
Top Bottom