Arkansas Blue egg layers

Pics
Nice boy - mine also has the white fuzzy feathers on the root of the tail.

He is looking very attentive to his girls.

lol.png
A breed trait then ? First line of the AB Standard .... fuzzy white fluff on tail
big_smile.png

I am considering shipping hatching eggs this spring for the cost of postage to anyone who wants to commit to a breeding effort. There are just too few of these birds, and their situation will be precarious until there are enough people breeding them to ensure a stable population.
Waiting till April till then Im hatching Pita Pintas.

Since my birds will not be separated until April, and the temps here are still too cold to gather good quality eggs, I will not have eggs to ship until the end of April. For anyone interested in eggs, I will post when they are ready.

Hey everyone. I am new to the site and new to raising chickens. I stumbled across this thread when I searched "Arkansas." I got sucked in and I just finally finished reading all of the original and this second thread! Whew! I'm exhausted and my eyes crossed several times when it got deep into genetics, but I learned a lot! I really hated to see caj1985 have to loose all her birds,

CayChris - what are pina pintas and do you have pics ?

Welcome RmBrasher

1muttsfan ... I'll send a pic of my roo soon - they look like twins .... so me thinks that is the start of a nice SOP :)

Hey everyone. I am new to the site and new to raising chickens. I stumbled across this thread when I searched "Arkansas." I got sucked in and I just finally finished reading all of the original and this second thread! Whew! I'm exhausted and my eyes crossed several times when it got deep into genetics, but I learned a lot! I really hated to see caj1985 have to loose all her birds,
They really are something!

Mine are jumping half way up into my plum tree to get at the blossoms. The other breeds are on the ground eating the petals that fall to the ground. They really like to go high up into the tree!

Back
Top Bottom