Arkansas Blue egg layers

Pics
Thanks guys! I wasn't really done with my first message when my finger slipped and I hit the reply button.
1f601.png
I was particularly interested in caj1985's flock because it seems that she lives right in my area. I am far, far away from doing any breeding or hatching, but love the idea of a few of these AR Blues for their exact purpose... Prolific laying of large blue eggs! Plus they're so pretty!! I was hoping that, being so close, she might be willing to sell me some chicks. Does anyone know if there is anyone left in AR with this breed?? Or do you think my best bet is PM caj1985 and see about the folks hers ended up with??

CayChris - what are pina pintas and do you have pics ?

Welcome RmBrasher

1muttsfan ... I'll send a pic of my roo soon - they look like twins .... so me thinks that is the start of a nice SOP :)

Pita Pintas in all their glory. (and the back end of a Jersey Giant)
as chicks

Last edited:
Very lovely ! Thanks ! :)

Somewhat similar to my Spitzhauben .... white and black bits all over :)

Last edited:
OK - FINALLY - I got some half decent pics of my AB's .... remember - they are milling all around ... I have them in their breeder pen right now - after breeding season - they go back with the whole flock and range over 5 acres - so they do get a lot more room than they have showing here almost all the time.

I still need some good ones of just the rooster ! He is so handsome and sweet to the hens.

Ok.so hard to get them to how still. ... I think these picks are better

Typing on smart phone ... makes me look not so smart!

Last edited:
Got some more pictures of my rooster and his ladies. He is the oldest rooster I have kept but still smaller than most of my hens :p. The next generations should be bigger. My project girls fathered by him are growing fast, I'll try to get some pictures of them on the next nice day we have here.

Back
Top Bottom