Arkansas folks speak up.........

working on my coop and run... anybody have a bunch of chicken wire they don't need here in Marion county? Or better yet, hardware cloth? I'm cash poor, but I can trade ya for mending...yeah, I sew. OR, I can offer ya a good mouser...I have more than my share of cats.

Can someone tell me why the vermin in Arkansas are so durned chosey? They stole/ate all my hens two years back, but won't touch the two independant roosters that wander the place willy nilly. A pheonix roo and a big red boy of some sort, lay round in the woodpile or on my deck table all night and eat with the cats of a day. Now just whats wrong with these Ozark critters? dont they know that Roo's are eatable?

North Central Arkansas here...near Mtn Home just "a spit" away from the Missouri Line. I have 14 new girls (though I'm suspecting one boy), and am eagerly looking forward to eggs...in several months...

Is there some kind of egg dance I can do to hurry em up? I was visualizing some kind of jig while holding an egg basket in each hand, with one on my head, around the coop...
big_smile.png

It could work...

yippiechickie.gif
:lau

Just a short word. I was foolish enough to order chicks fro northern Iowa to ship Jan 30th. Yup. You guessed it, all arrived DOA. There is sumtin just heartbreaking to get that anticipated call from the PO, only to hear.." They' aren't making noise."
It is just stressing my little Prozak fueled brain anticipating the arrival of the replacements.

Just a short word. I was foolish enough to order chicks fro northern Iowa to ship Jan 30th. Yup. You guessed it, all arrived DOA. There is sumtin just heartbreaking to get that anticipated call from the PO, only to hear.." They' aren't making noise."
It is just stressing my little Prozak fueled brain anticipating the arrival of the replacements.
I can think of a better word than foolish. Poor babies.

Back
Top Bottom