Arkansas folks speak up.........

Hi there, I’m in the Monticello area and need to either rehome one of my drakes or get a few more adult females. Anyone have any advice? I’m new to Arkansas

-Cassandra
What kind of ducks do you have now? I wanted to rehome some drakes (pekin) last year (we end up with 3/3 male/female), we were down to 2:2 and then I hatched our 4 of their babies.m (hens are Rouens) They’re only 5 weeks old now but I’m thinking I have 3/1 boys to girls 😭I have the adults separated right now but if my gut it correct that means I’ll have 5:3 male/female and at that rate I may as well think about getting rid of the females. I’m so torn bc they’re pets and the kids are so attached to them. I’d hate to think the males will just be food (but food would be better than just culled for the sake of it). Obviously it’s still early to know for sure about the babies but I should know more in the coming weeks.

What kind of ducks do you have now? I wanted to rehome some drakes (pekin) last year (we end up with 3/3 male/female), we were down to 2:2 and then I hatched our 4 of their babies.m (hens are Rouens) They’re only 5 weeks old now but I’m thinking I have 3/1 boys to girls 😭I have the adults separated right now but if my gut it correct that means I’ll have 5:3 male/female and at that rate I may as well think about getting rid of the females. I’m so torn bc they’re pets and the kids are so attached to them. I’d hate to think the males will just be food (but food would be better than just culled for the sake of it). Obviously it’s still early to know for sure about the babies but I should know more in the coming weeks.
I have Pekins as well, I’m in the same boat ,I have 2:2 males:females which is why I’m looking to get a few more females.

Back
Top Bottom