Arkansas folks speak up.........

Some of our Drew County 4-H Poultry Club's newest additions!

Self Blue d'Anver owned by Monticello Moderns aka Juliechick
Self Blue Old English Game Bantam owned by Drew County 4-H Poultry Club
Self Blue Cochin Bantam and
Self Blue Orpington LF owned by Hall Family Poultry.

Photo courtesy juliechick.

How perty .. :D

I put my babies out in their new temporary coop/run for the day so they could get a little used to it and enjoy some time in the nice fresh air! They loved it. But it was odd walking through the living room and not hearing their little peeps LOL

Not sure when I'm giong to put them out there perm. They're about 2.5 weeks old and already not using heat lamp. And the temps have been so mild this week I doubt they'd need it outside either. I have been slowly weening them from "light" as well, so they get used to being in the dark at night.

I dunno, when I get them outside, I just might have to buy a new batch of babies to have in the house! LOL although DH will roll his eyes at me if I do! Bah ... I'm thinking about a doz. eggs a day is already more than we'll eat .. but I could be wrong! Also depends on how many roo's we have in this batch. The BO's were straight runs so ... heck, could be 6!

Anyway, enough of my ramblin. Haven't been on the forums much the past couple days cuz we've been busy makin that coop ready for em. Hope everyone's doin good (and their chickens too!)!

I think I'm going to move mine out of their box this weekend and give them a regular light for about a week.
Got some coming out in about a week so I'll need to get the box ready for them.

I put another 24 outside yesterday. No heat lamp during the day because it was so pretty. I turned it on for them at dusk. Thinking about building a A frame on wheels so they can play in the grass during the day. Today getting up to 83 should be perfect for them. Super excited about getting some coops from Jim on the 21st ish. or so. I really need them. Have 14 breeds and hubby wants me to down size so I may bring some sweeties to the next Benton swap if anyone know when it will be? It was so much fun. Have not decided on which breeds, all pure.

I put another 24 outside yesterday. No heat lamp during the day because it was so pretty. I turned it on for them at dusk. Thinking about building a A frame on wheels so they can play in the grass during the day. Today getting up to 83 should be perfect for them. Super excited about getting some coops from Jim on the 21st ish. or so. I really need them. Have 14 breeds and hubby wants me to down size so I may bring some sweeties to the next Benton swap if anyone know when it will be? It was so much fun. Have not decided on which breeds, all pure.

April 14th. Co-Op.

Mine went outside this week too!!! I still have 3 day olds inside with more on the way but my 3 week olds whent out into the daytime pen and loved it!!! They are still inside at night.

I got a new tattoo yesterday!

900x900px-LL-8f28478d_6991323279_049623a540_b.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom