Arkansas folks speak up.........

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Hi all!

I'm new to the chicken owner world as I got my chicks just a month ago. Kept meaning to sign up here and just did the other day. We purchased 8 Speckled Sussex and 2 mixed lot bantams from TSC. They all just moved outside this weekend as it's actually colder in the house than it is out there. (I think my Hubby is a polar bear.) We are in the middle of Little Rock so we can't keep them all, but as we were not acquainted with the magic of chicken math and were purchasing from a chain store...we bought more than we needed so that we'd be sure to have enough if we had any that didn't make it. Thankfully my mother had decided around the same time that she wanted to have some chickens and so the ones we cannot keep will be moving to her house.

The bantams we have no idea on sexing as they both have the tiniest of combs and so they are a wait and see but we've figured out that we got lucky and there's only one for sure roo of the Sussex. There may be another surprise late bloomer in there, but based on the vast difference at the beginning of week 4, we doubt it.

We swung out to the first? Benton chicken swap in the beginning of March but didn't purchase or take anything with us. We just wanted to see what it was like.

Anyone planning to come to the Poultry Show this weekend in El Doraod, AR?

Anyone planning to come to the Poultry Show April 21st in Mena, AR?

Looking forward to both shows.

Anyone interested in pure Ameraucana Black, Blue, and Blue Wheaten chicks, let me know and I can bring some to either of these shows for you. Send me a message.

Hey Jim, how's those chicken coops coming along?

We spent all day Saturday splitting/ripping the 2x5's. Then cutting the rafters. Then yesterday we had a school meeting. Today is a doctor's appointment. Brenae is out of school Thursday (honors skip day or something) so we will finish all the frames that are not done yet and she will start painting them.

We are building 8 at one time. Your 2, Bro Carpenter's one, juliechick's and the rest we will use. We traded juliechick a condo for the single coop + ?. We will place large Orpingtons in that coop.

Friday we have our NPIP inspection, but all children are out of school, so the inspection should go quickly and back to coop building.

Brother Carpenter purchased a coop for 5 Buff Orpington Bantam pullets and a cockerel. Those are getting close to size for going home and will soon outgrow our brooder.

Just pray for dry and warm weather so the paint dries quickly!

Anyone interested in pure Ameraucana Black, Blue, and Blue Wheaten chicks, let me know and I can bring some to either of these shows for you. Send me a message.

Between a church event and coop building, we will be staying close to home. Sure have missed seeing everyone this spring. We will try to make it to Little Rock's Spring Livestock Show.

^_^ Thanks for the welcome.

I hear you on hoping for dry weather, we still need to paint the run and the humidity the past two days has kept us from it.
I may have to finagle Hubb into watching the kids or coming along for the show on the 21st. If not, we'll definitely swing by the Little Rock one.

We can't make the El Dorado show. I'm planning on going to the Mena show, but it sure is a long way from here. Having a hard time making up my mind.

Back
Top Bottom