Arkansas folks speak up.........

I'm in Springdale and have a buff Orpington rooster and 3 Easter Egg Roosters. Orschelans missed the boat on pullets for me this year. If anyone wants them or pics message me. Looking to find them a permanent home

ISO: silkie, call duck, polish hens-ONLY. I have no where to put juvies or babies right now. I don't care about color and they don't have to be show quality, just want to add to my flocks. I work all day and late during the week, so I can do VERY little traveling on the weekends. So please be as close to Batesville or Bethesda as possible. Thanks!

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and may this be our best year ever
smile.png

I have also been offline. For months, actually. I don't do much more than check e-mail and FB, then I'm back off in my reality world with kids, chickens, dogs, reading, and baking. Since my last log-on, My flock downsized from 25 to 9. There was a point I lost a chicken a day for almost a week, and I still don't know what happened. Could a spider kill them? After I cleaned out a corner of webs, no more died, but no one I talked to believes it could be from a spider bite.

Anyway, I ended up having 4 cockerels and 5 pullets. One of my Wyandottes turned out to be a roo, and he's a bit too aggressive to Domino, my Houdan Cockerel. Bandit, the EE stands him off pretty well, but poor Domino tries to be tough. When it gets too tough, he runs to his mommy. Really, he runs and jumps in my lap or under my chair. I love my Houdans so. :). Anywho, I'm thinking about selling him. Or eating him... I can't decide, because there's no one looking for a Columbian Wyandotte Roo that I know of.

Well, I just bought four 2-week old chicks, and I'm hoping they are all hens. They are just RIR mixes. I figured they would be good large egg layers. I have a feeling one is a cockerel, but Imm still hoping. Tomorrow, I'll post some pictures and see, but I think it's too early to tell right now.

Here's a picture of some of my flock. Pretty friendly, not really afraid of me. They took over my chair...

Her are a couple of pics of the new additions. :) they are just so AWE! And my son loves to help.

Last edited:
Selling or eating the Columbian Wyandotte cockerel Angel. Not my baby Houdan Domino. :)

Here's a picture of Angel.

He's so pretty, but it's not productive for me to keep him. After all, he was supposed to have been a she. ;)

Good morning everyone...so good to meet my neighbors...and such beautiful babies that you have. Glad you are back online again and that u have a new job Puddin Fluff , they sure are hard to find here :) I am getting back in to raising chickens after years of being out of it. It got so expensive to buy chicken feed but being the way the economy is becoming we think it is best to start again and strive to be self sufficient .
I was wanting Board Rocks again. They are such a wonderful breed. When we were living in Northwest Ar. in 1996 I had a chance to buy 17 baby chicks from a man at a farmers market from a little ole' man out of the back of his pickup.Well,to make a long story short ,they turned out to be all 17 roosters lol ...maybe I will have better luck this time :)
We also lost about 16 hens and the rooster one year also. I was a raccoon couple killed them all in a span of 3 days. They were so fat that they just waddled. If I had the stomach for it,I would have fried them up just to get even , yuck,don't believe I said that...but it was a spiteful and good thought...just for a fleeting moment lol.
Have a good day everyone ....

Good morning to all. I've been offline for quite awhile myself, had a very hard summer. I too have found a full time job so I stay pretty busy. My flock is rebounding from this horrible summer-molting, moving around. They are all doing very well, lots of eggies! My pure pens are all doing very well...I'm just thrilled! I am excited to be back up and running. I can't wait for warmer weather to get our hatching well on its way!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Anyone near mtn view interested in a few roosters I have a show quality blue ameraucana, a blue jersey giant, and a basque hen rooster about six months old. I also need a black bresse rooster if possible.

Had you asked about three weeks ago I would have said me. I live in Greers Ferry but go to school in Mtn. View. Last night we were given 12 Roosters, Some for Freezer camp and some to start rebuilding our Bantam flock that was destroyed by a cat and the ice storm. I guess we live and we learn!

Back
Top Bottom