Arkansas folks speak up.........

Well I get about the same. I am not to worried about winter. I can adjust heat as needed when I can. Just worried about that late July and Early August heat.

Production reds did very well in the 2012 heat wave we had. Last year was a pretty mild summer for us, but the month of actual hard core summer, my guys did pretty well. I have an Easter Egger, Polish, a Maran, Mottled Houdans, a Silkie, Columbian Wyandottes. Bared Rocks, Easter Eggers, Red/Black Stars, and RIRs are pretty common in my area. You could look on the McMurray website and check out their chick selector.

Well I get about the same. I am not to worried about winter. I can adjust heat as needed when I can. Just worried about that late July and Early August heat.
My Easter Eggers done well in the extreme heat of summer. My Naked Necks also done well. Egg prodcution was down a tad bit but nothing drastic.

I was wondering if anybody close to batesville raises silkies, polish, blue slate turkeys? And if anybody has any hens for sale? I'm also looking for cochin bantam hens and call duck hens.

Depends I have White Bresse and Black Penedesencas both are multipurpose both are rare and better layers than I expected. I also have Cream Legbars, English Goldlaced Orpingtons,Blue Isbar, Blue Ameraucanas, Barnevelders, Welsummers and Maradunna Basque hens but haven't had them long enough to form an opinion. The Basque and Penedesenca really seem to enjoy the heat and are very active when all my other chickens are hiding in the shade. The basque are the tamest and follow me around like dogs expecting a treat.

Hey I'm from Green Forest ar anybody know there or do u know Denver ar hey does snybody know about the harrison sale barn
Heard of Green Forest but not sure where its is at. I have heard about the Harrison Sale barn, just way too far for me to drive. My son-in-law is from Bergman.

By the way:
welcome-byc.gif
, from Mabelvale, AR.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom