Arkansas folks speak up.........

Is anyone part of the "Heart of the Ozarks Poultry Asssociation" (hotopa.com)? I was looking for poultry shows for the NWA area and stumbled upon them... I was hoping to get more info from a current member :)

Sorry, I'm not a member of that group. We're basically just starting our backyard flock and prefer to get information via electronic information exchange for the time being. I did work at the Don Tyson Poultry Science Center for about seven years but since I was an accountant I didn't get very close to the chickens, just paid their invoices.

Sorry, I'm not a member of that group.  We're basically just starting our backyard flock and prefer to get information via electronic information exchange for the time being.  I did work at the Don Tyson Poultry Science Center for about seven years but since I was an accountant I didn't get very close to the chickens, just paid their invoices.

I'm hoping to find a local poultry show ... Where you can see different breeds in person, network in person with other "poultry addicts" (I'm a newb & this hobby quickly turned into a fascination/addiction), & make contacts with local hatchery/enthusiasts so I may purchases specific breeds (vs Craigslist or when they are doing "Chick Days" at TSC).
I've got 4 Buff Orpinton & 2 Barred Rocks ... But after researching I want to diverse my group with 6 additional breeds
1f601.png
!!!
BYC is definitely my number 1,2,3,4 & 5 spot for info & electronic networking! So very thankful BYC exists!!!

Hi everybody. The weather has finally warmed up enough to put my little ones outside. I just wanted to show y'all some pictures of them in their new house.

Also, I want to say welcome to all the other newbies.

Despite being an active member of our BYC community, I don't have chickens. I have quail, rabbits, and ducks. I'm expecting to get silkie chicks this thursday though =)

I am on the Backyard Chickens group on Facebook.

Yes, I got 6 from Atwoods (2 buff, 2 gold sex-link, 2 black sex-link) last week.

I figure if I've got a bootleg chicken flock, I may as well get more than I'm allowed. :)

My mom lives in city limits on TX side of the border where they don't allow chickens. She has 10 hens, and she usually bribes her neighbors with eggs.
wink.png

Would anyone within driving distance of Monticello (South AR) be interested in some Barred Rock Bantam eggs or chicks or Self Blue and Black d'Anvers hatching eggs? I have hatched a lot of BR bantams and need to sell a few. They are laying well right now, so I have hatching eggs, too.

I have about 14 d'Anvers eggs saved up. I can either sell them or put them in the incubator for you.

Back
Top Bottom