Arkansas folks speak up.........

Well yesterday was the first real introduction of your 8 smaller birds to our 12 bigger ones. We are hoping to move them all to same coop in a couple of weeks. There were a few pecks on the head yesterday but for the mist part they did fine.

Well yesterday was the first real introduction of your 8 smaller birds to our 12 bigger ones. We are hoping to move them all to same coop in a couple of weeks. There were a few pecks on the head yesterday but for the mist part they did fine.

Keep us updated on how it goes. I have 6 new bantams from the "end of the Chicks Day from TSC" that I'll need to mix with my flock that I got from the first days of TSC Chick Days the first of March... Should be interesting!

Last edited:
I went to Hope yesterday, and I made the mistake of going into Atwoods.  They still have ChickDays going on, and instead of ducks, they have goslings!  I wanted to get two so bad.  They were tufted!

The Atwoods in Lowell last week had turkeys, goslings, and guineas.... I don't know how I escaped empty handed!

If anyone has been looking, the Fayetteville Co-Op will be getting around 180 guineas in June, around the 19th. 60 pearl, 60 Royal purple, 60 white, and 60 lavender....Just a heads up!

I forgot to get on here and tell you guys about my Mother's Day! I woke up, and my kids and DH gave me my Mother's Day gift. It was exactly what I had asked for. A dremmel! LOL I was pretty happy with it, and DH made me breakfast, I was out picking berries. On my way back to the house, I look in my coop, and I see a 4 ft long snake just sitting in there with its tail hanging out of the door. (There's a small crack wide enough for a snake to slither through between the door and the base.) My chicks were walking around it as if it wasn't there, but it wasn't like it was hiding. What do I do? I walk in casually and take a picture.

I figured it was just a chicken snake, so I grab it by its tail and pull it out of the coop. In my efforts, it bites me on the thumb. It didn't grab on, or anything. It just bit and released, trying to scare me and let it slither off. My thoughts were, "Well... It bit me, I may as well grab a hold of its head." So I have its head with one head, and its body with the other. I carry it up to the front door where my husband (who had just finished putting on his shoes) yelled at me, "What the hell is that?!?!" You should have seen the look on his face! Priceless! He comes out and looks at the pattern. "Uh, babe? That looks like a Moccasin." My reaction, completely calm, "Well crap... It bit me." I didn't realize his eyes could have gotten any wider! He tried taking the snake from me, but I wouldn't let him. He insisted on killing it, the poor thing... So he did, we took it up to the ER (the bite didn't swell at all in the 30 minutes it took us to get over there, though my arms were starting to ache, though I wasn't going to tell him that). The hospital was completely dumbfounded we took the dead snake (nerves were still moving) inside the hospital. They put it in a room by itself, and no one wanted to go in there with it. Sure enough, it was just a chicken snake, got a tetanus shot that felt worse than the snake bite along with a couple of Band Aids.

All finished up, and they made us take the snake back home with us. On the way back home, DH says, "Well, this is a Mother's Day we'll always remember." I said, "Yep! The year I got a dremmel!."

And we lived happily ever after.
wink.png

I forgot to get on here and tell you guys about my Mother's Day! I woke up, and my kids and DH gave me my Mother's Day gift. It was exactly what I had asked for. A dremmel! LOL I was pretty happy with it, and DH made me breakfast, I was out picking berries. On my way back to the house, I look in my coop, and I see a 4 ft long snake just sitting in there with its tail hanging out of the door. (There's a small crack wide enough for a snake to slither through between the door and the base.) My chicks were walking around it as if it wasn't there, but it wasn't like it was hiding. What do I do? I walk in casually and take a picture.

I figured it was just a chicken snake, so I grab it by its tail and pull it out of the coop. In my efforts, it bites me on the thumb. It didn't grab on, or anything. It just bit and released, trying to scare me and let it slither off. My thoughts were, "Well... It bit me, I may as well grab a hold of its head." So I have its head with one head, and its body with the other. I carry it up to the front door where my husband (who had just finished putting on his shoes) yelled at me, "What the hell is that?!?!" You should have seen the look on his face! Priceless! He comes out and looks at the pattern. "Uh, babe? That looks like a Moccasin." My reaction, completely calm, "Well crap... It bit me." I didn't realize his eyes could have gotten any wider! He tried taking the snake from me, but I wouldn't let him. He insisted on killing it, the poor thing... So he did, we took it up to the ER (the bite didn't swell at all in the 30 minutes it took us to get over there, though my arms were starting to ache, though I wasn't going to tell him that). The hospital was completely dumbfounded we took the dead snake (nerves were still moving) inside the hospital. They put it in a room by itself, and no one wanted to go in there with it. Sure enough, it was just a chicken snake, got a tetanus shot that felt worse than the snake bite along with a couple of Band Aids.

All finished up, and they made us take the snake back home with us. On the way back home, DH says, "Well, this is a Mother's Day we'll always remember." I said, "Yep! The year I got a dremmel!."

And we lived happily ever after.
wink.png
yuckyuck.gif
. Glad you are okay and looking on the bright side. It was a pretty snake. Sorry your hubby didn't know his reptiles. However they do like to eat eggs so probably just as well. They will also take babies.

This was my mothers' day gift. My mama llama had her baby!
love.gif

I'm glad your husband

And we lived happily ever afte
Glad you're okay! More glad it wasn't a cottonmouth! I had a buddy get bit by a copperhead while we were fishing....Bad, scary stuff!

Back
Top Bottom