Arkansas folks speak up.........

So glad to hear from you. Things are going okay for me here. I've sold off almost everything but my Naked Necks. I kept a few non NN for added color right now.

My runs are pretty messy right now throwing out rice hulls to help dry it up but seems like as soon as it starts to dry a little here's comes the rain again .

I can imagine. Mine don't have birds in them and are like soup right now. Hopefully this week without rain will help everyone.

caj - good to hear from you. We are doing ok. Busy. Trying to break broodies!
th.gif
Let me know if you know anyone who wants some young roos. I have at least 2 phoenix roos who are looking good.

Draye, Where do you find rice hulls? I have looked around Hot Springs and haven't seen any. Thanks, TashaJD

Here are the pictures of the assorted purebred Marans for sale near Fort Smith. They are 13 weeks old. He has two pair cuckoo, a few black and black copper, one white and the rest are black tailed buff from Ladycat's eggs.

Good buddy of mine informed me the local feed store he works at has some gold and silver sebrights. Might swing by and get me a couple. lol Already laced out too. Gotta love chicken buddies. He helps me out, i help him learn. He's just getting into chickens himself. He wants some Spanish and phoenix's sooner or later.

If anyone is traveling to NW AR for the SUPER REGIONALS, (Woo Pig Souiee!), I have about nine Amerauacana chicks left for sale and can arrange meeting in Fayetteville. Black, blue, bluewheaten or wheaten left. $3 each. Can't find them at that price very often.

If anyone is traveling to NW AR for the SUPER REGIONALS, (Woo Pig Souiee!), I have about nine Amerauacana chicks left for sale and can arrange meeting in Fayetteville. Black, blue, bluewheaten or wheaten left. $3 each. Can't find them at that price very often.
Geeze, All the good deals are always so far away!
barnie.gif

Has anyone ever had a wild bird lay an egg in your nesting boxes? I went out today to find a tiny egg tucked away in the corner of my nesting box, where I so-happened to have a broody hen. Of course, I couldn't leave it there, and there are no possible places it could have fallen. After some research, I figured out the culprit was a Brown Headed Cowbird.

It's in my incubator at the moment. I guess it's a blessing my incubator has been on and empty for a month.

Has anyone ever had a wild bird lay an egg in your nesting boxes? I went out today to find a tiny egg tucked away in the corner of my nesting box, where I so-happened to have a broody hen. Of course, I couldn't leave it there, and there are no possible places it could have fallen. After some research, I figured out the culprit was a Brown Headed Cowbird. It's in my incubator at the moment. I guess it's a blessing my incubator has been on and empty for a month.
I've never had that happen. I don't think I would I ci ate it, be afraid that it naught be carrying that avian influenza. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom