Arkansas folks speak up.........

Am so mad at our post office!!! My daughter has been begging for some marans and for her birthday I ordered some marans, bb kraienkoppes, and silver kraienkoppes. The box was marked clearly that they should have been held for pickup. I even called the day before to double check! What do they do? They stick them in a delivery truck and the idiot driver put them out on our open porch in 43 degree weather when everyone was at work!

One one of the marans survived and a few of the roosters they had shipped for warmth! My daughter was devastated.
1f622.png

I called the hatchery and they were absolutely disgusted and will be sending replacements this week even though it was the post office's fault.

Grrrr!

Am so mad at our post office!!! My daughter has been begging for some marans and for her birthday I ordered some marans, bb kraienkoppes, and silver kraienkoppes. The box was marked clearly that they should have been held for pickup. I even called the day before to double check! What do they do? They stick them in a delivery truck and the idiot driver put them out on our open porch in 43 degree weather when everyone was at work!

One one of the marans survived and a few of the roosters they had shipped for warmth! My daughter was devastated.
1f622.png

I called the hatchery and they were absolutely disgusted and will be sending replacements this week even though it was the post office's fault.

Grrrr!
So sorry your post office did not do well. I have a fabulous mail carrier who txt me to double check on special deliveries. It is all in the person. Sorry for your loss.

One wall of our coop is open. I have seen others who only have two walls. I think the most important is that they be able to seek shelter from the prevailing winter winds and be able to stay dry should the wind/rain be blowing in.

I just set 12 Jubilee Orpington eggs and will only want to keep 3-4.
If I have ANY success at all in hatching I will have some straight run JO chicks for sale in about 21 days for anyone willing to drive to Lowell or meet me somewhere within reasonable drive!!

I am interested! How much are you selling them for? Well, if there's any way to determine the sex, I would be interested in a few pullets. I am not allowed to have roosters where I live in the city.

Last edited:
On another note....

Do any of you use an open air coop? I'm planning on building one this spring and could use any pointers. Thanks!

I do open air. I cover their roost area during winter then open it more as spring rolls around. I am still trying new things... I'm thinking I will add a closed in area they can shelter during rough weather as they choose

Hi y'all! Im new to BYC and in the process of getting chickens. I'm finishing up my coop in about two weeks and my chicks won't be shipped in until the week of April 11th... So I have some waiting to do :( I live in Judsonia, AR do I have anyone close to me ?

I have family in Judsonia, bald knob, kensett..searcy... Georgetown. ..ect.. welcome...
Warning.. I've learned chickens are like tattoos. . Very addictive

Has anyone had any good experiences with getting chickens from the beebe outdoor market? I've been there before I decided to raise chickens but majority of them looked sickly..

I got out there late a couple weeks ago... btw, I'm from Vilonia. . Not too far away.. I read somewhere to be aware of going around those areas as we can pick up something on our cloths or shoes and bring it home to our chickens.. it kinda scares me.

Back
Top Bottom