Arkansas folks speak up.........

Just had to share this and boy, am I ever ticked off. We've take in a couple of horse rescues (We have a wolfdog rescue as well), but for the first time ever, I received rescue chickens. A family member brought 10 white leghorns from his boss who was "thinning his flock". When they got to me, they had been shoved into a small cage given by his boss. Two had been trampled and died during transport. These poor hens were skin and bones. None of them had any tail feathers left and several had bloody patches from obvious long term overcrowded pecking. They were shivering and just scared to pieces. It just about broke my heart. They're warm and cuddled up now in quarantine, but still....

In my opinion, even if you have more than you really need, you still need to give them food and adequate space! GRRRRR!

Just had to share this and boy, am I ever ticked off. We've take in a couple of horse rescues (We have a wolfdog rescue as well), but for the first time ever, I received rescue chickens. A family member brought 10 white leghorns from his boss who was "thinning his flock". When they got to me, they had been shoved into a small cage given by his boss. Two had been trampled and died during transport. These poor hens were skin and bones. None of them had any tail feathers left and several had bloody patches from obvious long term overcrowded pecking. They were shivering and just scared to pieces. It just about broke my heart. They're warm and cuddled up now in quarantine, but still....

In my opinion, even if you have more than you really need, you still need to give them food and adequate space! GRRRRR!

yea, that's pretty sad they way some treat their flock. Seems the guy at least realized he needed it thinned, but waited too long.

I looked in most all the lists here an seen only a few folks from AR I know there must be more around .....I am in west central not to far from a place called Mena ........anyone else around???just so y'all will be able to put a face to the person
startedwithbeardFB1.jpg

We are close to mount Ida :)

Back
Top Bottom