Arkansas folks speak up.........

Chinese, the best place I've found is OK Buffet.

Steak....I'm not big on steak. I go for fish/ seafood, but Powerhouse is alright.

BBQ, haven't found one yet.

Burgers, the bowling alley, but I'm looking for a good ole-fashioned burger. When I googled that, Wendy's came up. bleck!

How many eggs (per day/week) do ya'll expect to get during the darkest part of winter (without an artifical light sorce). This is gonna be my first winter I just wanna know what Im up against! Hope to meet a lot of ya'll at the meetup at toadsuck!

These are around the Mall:

Applebee's - my favorite
Logan's - past Circuit City. by WalMart -
Red Robin
TGI Fridays

The last 3 are around WalMart - turn left before you get to Mall - (coming FROM downtown Fayetteville)- There are a lot of places.

The maps should be able to help you map these.

God Bless,
April

How many eggs (per day/week) do ya'll expect to get during the darkest part of winter (without an artifical light sorce).

We do not do artificial light at all. We average about the same all year long, never much of a slow down (unless molting). It depends on breed though. Just the ones we prefer don't seem to have an issue with winter. With your BRs you should not see any slow down, it was one of the traits they were bred for up in NE back in the day.​

Yes, my BR hen is the only one laying consistently right now. My older EE's are good layers, but one is molting.

I have one EE pullet who only started laying in August, but she hasn't layed for a month now. She looks pale in the face and sometimes stands around "hunched up". I checked her today... she seems fat enough and I couldn't see any evidence of egg bound. Nothing unusual at all. Anybody have any idea why she wouldn't be laying?

Quote:
I work at that Wal-Mart!
wink.png
I know the area pretty well!
big_smile.png

I "believe" the Circuit City has been removed....the building is the only thing left.

NE? (haha those are my initials
lol.png
) Good to know the girls will be fine during the winter! Eva has only laid one egg that I know of since I got her. It was about a week after I got her and before she had her accident. I think the trama of the fall and the meds she's on have contributed to her lack of production. She is finnaly done with all her meds now and so in 3 weeks all the eggs we get, Zoii's and her's, will be safe to eat again. I am 99% sure she has not been laying but the Vet said we can't eat any eggs just in case some of them are Eva's. Her comb is rather pale conparred to Zoii's. Could she be molting? I don't see where she's missing feathers though.
hu.gif
All in all, she has gained some weight and is starting to walk more normally again. She kinda dose a goose step!

I finally got my 4 replacement babies! The guy brought me pure Buffs this time, instead of the sexlinnks. Really I'm not picky, I like the variety! I think one might be a cockerel cos it's growing a bit of a comb already, give it a little more time and I'll know for sure.
Anyway, We have 13 birds now: 5 adults, 2 extra boys to eat when they fill out, 2 pullets for sure, and 4 "toss ups" --- so we should have a nice big backyard flock come spring!

I went ahead and put them with the others since they came from the same parent stock. Hopefully they are just as healthy as their siblings! I really think we'll be OK, it's not worrying me.

Back
Top Bottom